Thrifty Projects I Wish…

>> 9.15.2009

...I had time to work on. While I’ve been busy spending thousands and thousands on my home renovations, I’ve also been book marking some drool worthy projects that I hope to eventually have time to tackle. Maybe I’ll start when my house doesn’t look like this:

Yep, a streetside garbage can in my kitchen.

Check out these fun/ yummy/ beautiful/ creative projects I can’t wait to get my hands on--

Ever since reading this DIY tutorial from Bromeliad … I’ve been pouf crazy! If only the sewing machine wasn’t under boxes and boxes in the garage :( .

This dressing room over at just you wait has some serious style and was put together for a grand total of $120- that’s crazy impressive!!

When my house is somewhat presentable, I would love to throw a block-party-esque event like the ‘condo crawl’ featured on Yellow Brick Home. It’s the perfect type of event for small space dwellers like me… and the bonus is that you don’t have to spend a fortune on food/ drinks with everyone chipping in!

Is it silly that I go over to The Red Deer and vote for the cupcake flavor of the week without actually having a usable kitchen? Maybe… but seriously, I can’t wait to try the mouthwatering Snickers cupcake recipe that was featured last week!!

Anyone else experience the joys of having a massive garbage can in the kitchen? If not, did you have the chance to check out one of those blogs?

PeaceLoveMath September 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Just wanted to second your comment at YHL's blog - inviting people over is definitely the best way to keep your house clean!!

chacha September 15, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Yep, been here before. Last October - we had trashcans in the house filled with drywall. Fun. Living with a gutted kitchen is comparable to camping, if not worse, really. Nothing like nuking your meal in the living room, and shutting off all lights on the circuit so you don't flip the breaker. Funnnnn.

I love that Poof thing, but I am partial to the square one I think. I have a sewing machine, too, but have no idea how to use it... yet.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog September 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM

chacha,
It's nice to hear that someone out there know's my pain with the trashcan! I'm counting down the days until it's all over!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row September 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I am so glad to find your blog! I can't wait to read more, I've already subscribed.

thereddeer September 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Hehe - I hope you have a usable kitchen again soon!

Dani September 23, 2009 at 11:05 AM

chacha said... "Nothing like nuking your meal in the living room, and shutting off all lights on the circuit so you don't flip the breaker."

That is sooo funny! We have to do the same thing! Our kitchen is torn down and we have to make sure all the lights are off and the tv is off or else we will lose power in the whole house every time we use the microwave! :)