I’m joining the party!

>> 10.09.2009

The Procrastinator’s Party over at The Inspired Room.
It’s about time that I finish that bathroom project of mine (remember what it used to look like and the mini-after I showed you)! It’s not that I haven’t been doing any work around the house (the demo and IKEA closets weren’t walks in the park), it’s just that I’m a little worried about doing the drywall finishing for the first time. After receiving a bid of $700 for a few small areas in the house, I knew that I’d have to tackle the job myself someway or another and NOW is the time!

Here are the before pictures of my project:

Checkout those patched holes I used my insider patch trick on!

Eek!

On the to-do list:
-finish out drywall; float walls
-paint vanity cabinet
-add hardware
-hang new mirror
-install new light fixture

Anyone else procrastinate when they’re worried about not knowing how to do a project?

Head over to the party, I’m expecting plenty of great before and afters coming out of this one!

Katie October 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I feel like we're procrastinating on everything with our house! We're too afraid to spend money on something and not like it! We're too indecisive. Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Struggler October 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I keep blaming lack of time but I suspect I'm busy procrastinating too. Best of luck with this project!

Kate October 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I consider myself a master procrastinater, so much so that I didn't join the party because I'm not sure that I'll get my projects done in time! Hopefully I'll make some serious headway this (long!) weekend though. I can't wait to see how your bathroom finally turns out!

deborah October 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

This will be fabulous! You can do it! Just take a breath & dive in! Really looking forward to seeing your results!

Meg October 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I think you've proved yourself to be a master renovator. You're going to do a great job! I can't wait to see the results. Happy Friday!

lolly-jolly October 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Hei thank you for stopping by my blog. i hope i come back again i have a lot of interesting ideas that would be posted :) have a beautiful lazy saturday

Jenny October 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I wish I could procrastinate! Unfortunately we're renters, and so we can't do major renovations. But when it comes to everything else, boy oh boy do I procrastinate!

Peck Avenue October 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

As an expert procrastinator since birth, renovating a house has been a bit of a challenge. I'm especially scared to start on the kitchen - the plan was to paint the cabinets, but there are just too many!!

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! It made my day, and its great to have another blogger in the midst of a reno to commiserate with! :)

Leigh in Tennessee October 10, 2009 at 9:22 AM

We're doing some big time procrastinating with our kitchen right now. We've taken down the many layer of wallpaper only to discover many layers of paint. We're pretty much going to have to strip all the paint away to get to a good surface and it look like a lot of work with no easy way to do it.

{ L } October 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Fun party idea, lol...I will have to check it out! This will be fun to see the AFTER. :)