It’s that time of the year!

>> 10.13.2009

Sunday is a day dedicated to football, bright orange pumpkins sit on porches, leafs turn color… and I get to open up my box of cool weather clothes! I buy most of my clothes off-season so I never know what is going to be in the box when I open it. It’s always fun to finally see those sweaters and jackets that I snagged for less in the spring then transferred from the shopping bags straight into storage for the next time it would actually be cold. Thankfully, this kind of shopping keeps me from “needing” to buy new (full-priced) clothes every season.

OK, so I have a little more popcorn scraping to do.
I always keep the tags on clothes until I wear them so I feel like I've just been shopping. Between sales, I use this other "feel like you've been shopping" tip.

It's so cozy! The 3/4 sleeve makes this sweater perfect for fall.

Yes, I'm a Gap-addict, but I can always find a great deal there!

It was so hard to buy these boots in sandals weather,
but saving $185 on such a classic piece was worth it!

Do you store away great off-season deals? Go ahead and share, I’d love to hear about a great find!

Sara October 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM

I routinely do this at JCPenney because my mom works in the salon and sees when all the good clearance stuff is out. Then I get her discount on top of it! Boots are a definite clearance 'must' for me, although with the WI weather I usually wear them right away because they go on clearance while we still have two months of cold :(

Danielle and Clint October 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM

LOL! That cracks me up! I always feel better when I see my savings also! Great bargins!

Jenny October 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Holy cow! Those are some awesome bargains! I need to start filling out my wardrobe again - when we moved across the country we got rid of half of our clothes (the big heavy winter clothes mainly, since we moved to Arizona). But it does get chilly here in winter and I've been craving some warm chunky sweaters. Thanks to your inspiration, I think I'll wait until spring and snag them on sale (while the temperature is climbing back to 100)!

Laura@JourneyChic October 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I loooove those boots!! I got a great deal at Macy's on tall leather boots at the end of last season. I think I saved around 75%. Love when that happens!

dolores @ "Welcome to My Humble Ablog" October 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I'm also a gap addict. ^_^
Oh, and the boots are fab! I will definitely be taking your affordable advice!

micah @ the yellow front door October 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Great finds! I also love Gap/Banana Republic - they have awesome sales.