It's not Christmas yet!

>> 11.02.2009

…but don’t let the retailers know! Was anyone else surprised at how quickly the stores swapped their displays once Halloween ended? What surprised me even more was seeing so much Thanksgiving décor grouped in with the Halloween sale items. Now would be a great time to go out and try to snag some cheap fall decorations to add to that Thanksgiving table- try to look past the jack-o-lanterns and ghosts and go straight for the leaves, berries, squash, and other fall paraphernalia.

That's right, this craft store had all of their fall decorations grouped in for a giant 70% off sale.

I thought that these Turkeys were actually cute and a great deal at 70% off.

I'm saying that you could, not that you should...

I ended up grabbing some clearance candy to set out in dishes during November. Let's hope it lasts past this week!

Anyone out there have Thanksgiving on the brain... or are you skipping straight to Christmas?

Mrs. Chic November 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Chic November 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I'm looking forward to a week of clearance fall and Halloween goods.

Danielle and Clint November 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I was actually at Pier 1 and I over heard a store clerk saying many retailers did not get large volumes of their holiday decor items due to the economy. So if you see something you like, you may want to snag it up soon.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog November 2, 2009 at 1:13 PM

@Danielle and Clint- Great tip; I'm not surprised at that! Luckily, I do most of my shopping at post holiday sales so I shouldn't need anything new this Christmas.

micah @ the yellow front door November 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

And radio stations are already playing 24/7 Christmas music... not cool.

My name is Laurie Jones. November 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I actually love Halloween and Thanksgiving and wish we'd stretch these 2 holidays a bit longer, I seem to get so burnt out with Christmas way before it even gets here! Love the turkey's you posted!