A promise is a promise!

>> 11.13.2009

A couple days ago I put up a poll asking for some more countertop decision-making help. I needed to know whether to keep a step-up (bar-like) area in my kitchen or knock it down to create one solid, open space. The results are in…
…and the majority of you suggested ripping down the step-up. I promised that I would listen to you all and I’m keeping that promise… I’m heading over to Lowe’s to make the purchase today!

In other promise-making news….
Remember my big blog-love 100th post celebration of last week? As promised, I’ve created a ‘blogroll’ (which I so intelligently referred to as a blog roll (yum?) in the last post) including all of my blog friends who commented. If you find that I’ve made a mistake in the name or link just send me an email: kasey(at)thriftylittleblog(dot)com or let me know in the comments. These aren’t all of the blogs I read so look out for new links to be added soon :).

I also want to say how much I appreciate those of you who wrote in suggestions! The blog is definitely due for a little organization (thanks, Jamie Lee!)... so one of the things on my weekend to-do list is to work on making things easier to find.

I’d also like to give a special shout-out to Micah at The Yellow Front Door for presenting me with the Sugar Doll award this week. Be sure to check out her awesome blog (and kitchen makeover)!

Have a great weekend!

Flavia @ Estilo Home November 13, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Thanks so much for including me in your blogroll :) I need to update mine too!
I look forward to seeing your kitchen come together.

Peck Avenue November 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I'll be sure to return the favor and check out some of the others :) Have a great weekend!

Melissa {http://oneluckycouple.wordpress.com} November 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for including me! :) Have a great weekend!

SeeJaneGetRich.com November 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Alright! I voted for removing the step-up. I can't wait to see what it will look like afterwards (eventhough you can't hide your dirty dishes anymore!).

Thanks for adding me to your "Thrifty and More" blogroll.

foggogs November 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I am thrilled to be on your blog roll Kasey! Thanks so much! I can't wait to see how your kitchen turns out. Have a great day!

chacha November 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Yo, I am late to your vote - tear down that wall! It'll make everything look bigger. I added a stupid little 3x3 pass-through (wall was load-bearing) and it makes everything look more open.

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. I finally updated mine two weeks ago, you're on there - but everyone is in the same category, a big blob of blogs :o)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog November 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM

You are all very welcome- It was about time that I made one!!

I can't wait for the counters either...

Dayka November 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Thanks for the tips about the vinegar!!

Jamie Lee November 15, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Thanks for including me and thanks for the shout out. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new countertops turn out. Btw, my fiance is pretty obsessed with your dog!

Live Simply- Live Well November 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM

ok your reno is fab! love it. i cant wait to see the finished kitchen.