All Tabbed Out

>> 12.15.2009

“All” might be a bit of an exaggeration, but at least I have a little tab action going on here on the little blog. Go ahead, click on the “Tips” tab to find an archive of some of my favorite posts. {For now, the other tabs are still under construction.}{Update: I've added a "The Budgets" tab and filled in the "About" page}

It might not be perfect quite yet (more tabs and pizzazz to come), but at least it’s a little more organized than my poor little house  is right now.

As you can see, I've also added the "follow" gadget to the blog in case any of you are interested...

While I'm on the topic of blog logistics, what do you think about having to enter the secret code to enter a comment? Would you rather enter a code or see a few spam comments every now and then?

The Pampered Mom December 15, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I am dying to know how you made the tabs, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now, and no such luck!

Kate @ Twenty-Six To Life December 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Loving the blog upgrades! I <3 tabs. Are you making all of these changes yourself or do you know some html god? Can I pray for some help from your html god too?

As for the secret codes, I hate them! Unless your blog is getting spammed 100x a day, I just think it's annoying.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 15, 2009 at 11:47 AM

@The Pampered Mom/ Kate- I went to ourbloggertemplates.com and picked one that I liked/ had tabs (Brooklyn). From there, I pasted the template in the template box under 'edit html' and went from there. Just a warning: all of the gadgets I had on the sidebars were erased. I was lucky that I had saved everything before I did that!

I wouldn't say that I know html, just that I understand it. I basically Google searched my way through it.

dolores @ "Welcome to My Humble Ablog" December 15, 2009 at 1:41 PM

The new tabs look great! Very user-friendly and super cute.

I don't mind the secret codes; they are short and easy to read. I wouldn't want spammers stealing my thunder.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno December 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I haven't sat my lazy butt down yet to figure out the tabs thing, but I will eventually. You've inspired me! I hate those codes, it totally makes me not want to comment. I don't ask for it on my blog, but I do 'approve' comments on posts older than 2 weeks. I've only had a couple spams so far.

Kim December 15, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I've started the ground work for tabs, but haven't set them up yet. I want to do 3 cols. too. I have instructions, again, need to find time to work on it.

I HATE to put in codes. I even left at least one blog because I couldn't figure out how to comment. Once again, HATE!

LizzieBeth December 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Lurv the look lady!

Keep it on the DL, but word on the street is my blog is going in for a little *ahem* "work" after the new year. How scandelous!

micah @ the yellow front door December 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Oohh I like your tabs! Someday I will sit down and figure it out. I am a little "slow" when it comes to HTML stuff.

I don't have the word verification set up on my blog, and so far I haven't gotten any spam comments (knock on wood). They annoy me, but it doesn't keep me from commenting.... usually.

SeeJaneGetRich December 15, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I like the upgrade as well!
@Sara
My blog is quite new and for some reason I am getting more spam (2-3) per day! I wonder why?!

Amanda December 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Nice tabs! I am somewhat familiar with HTML so will have to look into this. There is probably so much that can be done if you do your research!

The codes are a bit annoying after awhile, but generally they don't deter me.

Alexis L. of One Grand Home December 16, 2009 at 4:24 AM

As popular as your blog is, you will be overwhelmed by spam without code moderation in no time. I think the code entering is a necessary evil, sad to say.

Kim at Yellow Brick Home December 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Kasey, I'm enjoying the tabs! I'm actually in the process of re-working my tabs at YBH, too! Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Mel December 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Kasey, at first I didn't have the code before comments. Then I got spam, so I added it. They annoy me when I'm commenting elsewhere, so you've inspired me to remove it. If I get spam again, it's back on! :)

Kirby3131 December 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I've changed my settings so that commenting on any of my posts more than 60 days old are immediately moderated. It seems that all the spam comments I'm getting are ones from a year or more in the archives. That has saved me from moderating all comments or putting in the dreaded word verification. If they do get into my current posts, I just delete them.