My First Video (and a little tile update)

>> 12.18.2009

After posting about my super cheap brown paper wrappings yesterday, I received some comments on my Sharpie doodle designs. I thought this would be the perfect chance to: 1. Show how quick and easy it is to do a DIY embellishment. 2. Get my first crack at posting a video. *Sorry about the poor quality (and weird humming that I seem to do).

video

Piece of cake, right?!
The tile is going slowly, but surely. Remember all of those holes I knocked into the wall when removing the tile? Henry (tile guy) went ahead and put up new drywall to remedy that situation. Rain and other jobs have delayed him further, but *fingers crossed* it will be finished today.You guessed it, I went with subway tile again! After loving it so much in my bathroom, I just couldn't resist having the classic look (and price) in my kitchen as well. I'm loving the way that the white tile looks next to the new black granite!

Oh, and remember how I got Mario (to paint for me) for Christmas? Well, I still haven't seen the guy. He was supposed to come on Monday and never showed then didn't return my calls. So that situation is still "to be continued..."

The Sale Rack December 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM

That is so freakin' cute! And what a great DIY idea!

Meg December 18, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Really, really cute! It's funny to hear your voice too compared to I guess what I subconsciously imagine when I read it?

My parents have had issues like that with painters in the past. One guy took their first payment and never showed up again. Have you looked through Craig's List? I've heard tons of painters are advertising themselves there with rock bottom prices just hustling to get some work.

Good luck with all of your projects! I LOVE the subway tile against the granite!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM

@Meg~ I can't help but wonder what you thought my voice sounded like :).

The reason why I wanted to go with Mario is that I know he'll do a good job at the painting part (unlike the calling me back part) because he worked for my parents before. I'm just worried about finding a random stranger off of Craigslist.

Danielle and Clint December 18, 2009 at 11:17 AM

ooooooooo....love the contrast of the tile!! I noticed the cabinet looks almost black. Are you painting them? Or am I seeing things?

Ugh...I hate when people don't keep their promises. Hopefully Mario isn't going to let you down further.

Amanda December 18, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Haha I'm with Meg- it's funny how you read people's writings for weeks and then you hear their voice or see them and it's kind of surprising.

Kasey, I love the subway tile. I'm re-doing my kitchen in March and I'm pretty sure I'm going to use it. It looks so good against the black!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 18, 2009 at 11:32 AM

@D&C~ You're not seeing things, the cabinets are actually a dark green. I'm looking at making them white... hmm... but maybe black would be nice :).

Kristi W. December 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I really like the subway tile! I think it's a really classic (and classy) look too.

ConsciouslyFrugal December 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I love how you just whipped that little design out in seconds. I'm going to try it, but I can see the results now--smudges, lots of cussing from me, red ink all over my hands, and one seriously deformed little red doodle. ha!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 18, 2009 at 12:35 PM

@ConsciouslyFrugal~ Just add one element at a time. You can do it!

Danielle and Clint December 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I actually loved the idea of the cabinets on the bottom dark and the ones above light! I thought it was a fab idea!! Let those creative juices flow!

dolores @ "Welcome to My Humble Ablog" December 18, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I love a classic white subway tile. They look great against your new counter tops.

Oh and your DIY's are very inspiring! I'm going to test out my doodling skills tonight. ^_^

LizzieBeth December 18, 2009 at 1:54 PM

First off you have the cutest little voice, and you sound exactly like I thought you would.

Secondly, uh, that's not a piece of cake. I tried to copy that design and it looks like I was drunk and using my left hand.

Thirdly, subway tile + black granite= complete happiness. Classic, chic, modern.

Meg December 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Kasey,

It definitely wasn't extremely deep or anything. I'm not quite sure what I was imagining, but you have a nice voice (not that I thought you wouldn't).

Very good point about Mario. A trusted source is always the best. I hope you hear from him soon!

Mrs. Chic December 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM

I like you bottom cabinets a dark color! I could see black or a smokey grey, it would look good in your kitchen.

Make sure you stop my blog - I have a giveway going on!!

www.chiclittlehouse.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  May 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hi I am Hempel Schorn. Your blog is really Smart, helps greatly! Enjoy stay here.
runescape gold