Still Have Shopping on the Brain?

>> 12.22.2009

I know I do! I'm suuuch a last minute shopper. Although I do take a risk by leaving my shopping until the last minute, you better believe I take advantage of some of the rewards :). This is actually a great time to do a little shopping for yourself or others: the stores have extended their hours, the strip malls aren't crowded, and many of them have made their final markdowns. That's right, those crazy sales that everyone flocks to the day after Christmas are actually starting up around now.

For example: If I went out and bought these three sweaters a month ago, I would be looking at spending close to $100... with the markdowns and additional 40% off sale at Gap, I left the store last night having spent only $33 on all three!

Going out to grab all of those last minute gifts isn't all the shopping I have on my brain... I'm already making my list for the decor I want to buy for next year (because after this year , I'm going all out!).

*yes, I doodle on everything

The big items I'm looking for on clearance include:
*ribbons (because there are a million ways to use them and they're easy to store)
*LED lights

Have you scored any last minute shopping deals? Where do you go to shop Christmas clearance (you'll usually find me at Crate & Barrel or Target)?

micah @ the yellow front door December 22, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Might have to swing by Gap on my lunch break today! :)

I bought all of my Christmas decor last year on sale at Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn and Target.

Oh, and I'm a last minute shopper too.

Kate @ Twenty-Six 2 Life December 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I always hit up Target and Papyrus to get clearance holiday cards. This year I bought virtually all of my gifts online. I'm waiting on one big package to get here (should be here today!) and I'll be done!

Jaimie December 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM

awesome deals! I'm not usually a shop-after-Christmas type. I like your doodles!

Kristi W. December 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Holy cow, that's a great deal on the Gap sweaters! We are hoping to score some Christmas decorations on clearance. We need lights and basically everything else.

change is a good thing December 22, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I love to do this too. I keep my eye out all year long for deals and it's great when you can score the after Christmas prices before Christmas. I only have 1 more gift to buy and am waiting until after Christmas to do it since I won't need it until early January. Great find on the sweaters. Enjoy!

Mrs. Adventure December 22, 2009 at 1:41 PM

So glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours! I am loving the brown paper idea, I may have to do it next year! BTW I am with you on the "Next Years Christmas list" I have already started mine... #1 is either the lighted deer or Christmas trees for the front yard.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM

@Mrs. Adventure~ Yay!
Good call with the lighted deer/ trees! I always see them on clearance and they make such a big impact on the look of the yard.

Kim at Yellow Brick Home December 22, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I think this may be the year I finally take advantage of all the AFTER Christmas decor sales. I really want to spruce it up next year!

Amanda December 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I am definitely a last-minute shopper, even though it stresses me out! Great job on finding those Gap sweaters! I hope to get some after-Christmas bargains too... might hit up Target, Hobby Lobby, and Pier 1 to name a few.

LizzieBeth December 23, 2009 at 9:09 AM

$5 for a pack of 20 Holiday cards and Boscovs. BOO YAH!

Meredith Travels December 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Your (next) Christmas list alone is adorable! I always like to buy ornaments after the holidays. Michael's can have some great options but I also like to go to the fancy Christmas store around town where there are insane deals on ornaments and decor!

p.s. Target and Michael's in my hometown already has some 30% markdowns if you are in a pinch for holiday decor NOW