Bought It

>> 2.22.2010

It was a jam-packed weekend around here. I can't believe how quickly those things fly by! We did a little curtain hanging, shelf building, garage organizing, shopping, Avatar watching.... and most important of all:
Saturday was the dog birthday party. Yes, seriously. My friend hosts a birthday party for her Yorkie every February and we were excited to attend for the second time. There were about 15 dogs running around the yard, but I must brag that my girl was the only one who wore her party hat the entire time :).

There was also a little trip to World Market to look at the blue chair (from my inspiration board) in person. Most of you were all for the blue and I was all for the style of that chair... so I just had to check it out for myself.
The Cloud Blue Logan Armless Chair is new and actually on special at the moment... and once you sit in it, you realize that $129.99 is actually a pretty good deal... but when you  sign up for the free Explorer rewards program and get an additional 10% off... well, you buy it!
Here it is in its new home (my home!). I was going to just try it out in the room and make my decision about it then, but after Nate flat-packed and threw out all of the packaging, the decision was made for me.

Sorry about that dog butt in the picture, but this was going on in the background:
Did I mention that we got a new puppy? More on that later!

After stalking Craigslist for a good three weeks and unable to find a good chair for my living room, I think $117 was a thrifty enough deal for such a cute piece. What do you think?

Heather @ McKinney Living February 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM

That is great deal for that chair!! I love, love LOVE the color and am so thrilled you bought it!!

The Brick Cottage February 22, 2010 at 9:58 AM

1. Your girl is so cute with the birthday hat on!
2. Puppy!? Tell us more!
3. I think the price of the chair is very resonable and it looks great in your living room.

Kate February 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM

The chair looks great! And that puppy post better be up next!! :)

Danielle and Clint February 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Great job Kasey! It looks great in the room and is at an affordable price! Congrats on joining the 2 dog home!

Jacquelin Seybert February 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Love the chair! So stylish! And dog birthday parties are awesome! We're considering a Bark Mitzvah for Morgan's birthday...LOL. Yeah, we're crazy about him.

Jamie Lee February 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM

What a coincidence! We did some laundry room organizing and curtain hanging. We also did some bathroom projects as well.

I love the chair and you got it at a great price! Tell us more about the puppy!!

Meg February 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM

The fact that she wore her party hat the entire time warms my heart. I've known some pretty great dogs in my day, and none of them have been willing to wear anything on their heads. That's a sign of one very great girl!

That chair is to die for. I think it is extremely cute and worth every penny!

Amanda February 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM

New chair AND new puppy?? Sounds like a good weekend to me!

Kim at Yellow Brick Home February 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM

New puppy?! Let's meet the new addition!

DescribeHappy February 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM

You found a beautiful chair.. and it looks so comfy! Nice style too! But, I have to say that your dog wearing her party hat is too cute for words! Sounds like a great party! And yes! Tell us about the new puppy!

foggogs February 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I love that chair. I am looking for one for my bedroom on craigslist too. but having no luck. I did find side tables though. I am tired of using tv trays. I wish I had a world market near by but alas none around here. Boo hoo!

Aimee February 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM

It looks great in your space!

And new puppy? Leaving us dangling like that?! Do tell more. :)

Mrs. Chic February 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I love that style chair its such a steal! I've seen simular ones for well over $300 - you did good.

Ok your puppy is so cute, what kind?

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog February 22, 2010 at 2:26 PM

@Jacquelin~ YES. You must!

@Mrs. Chic~ They're both rescue mixes... I'll post more of the new one soon!

change is a good thing February 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Wow! I love, love, love your new chair! So cute and fun! And of course, like everyone else, I'm dying to hear about the new puppy! Fun stuff going on in your life right now. :)

Lauren February 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Love the new chair! It looks like it is a sort of grayish blue in the picture.

Yay for rescue pups!
(Banner is a rescue beagle mix)

Jenny @ Anything Pretty February 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I am also impressed that your incredibly cute dog wore the hat....that would never happen in our house. And I love the chair...so worth the low price. Good find!

chacha February 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM

The chair looks great! I'm glad you went with the blue - I also prefer it over the green one.

New dog! I like how she is "eating" the other dogs face. Dogs are so funny - it looks like they're playing rough but they really aren't. Just lots of mouthing and loud noises :o)

micah @ the yellow front door February 22, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Love, love, love the chair. Trying to think of somewhere in my house where I could put one :)

Need more details on the puppy!!!

Anny February 22, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I think its gorgeous! Your doggie is darned cute too :D

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner February 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Love that chair! Not a bad deal, too. And can't wait to hear more about that cute pup!

Design Esquire February 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Love the chair! It is such a pretty color and looks comfortable.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

She's crafty, and she's just my type. February 24, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Adorable! And I think the price is a steal...