Car Break-In

>> 2.01.2010

My window was broken and purse stolen (wallet, credit cards, driver's license, checkbook, house keys, phone, camera...) while I went out for a run on the city hike and bike trail. I thought the purse was well hidden, but someone obviously knew it was there.

I'm busy canceling my cards, freezing my phone account, buying new locks for my house, and ordering a replacement window. I’ll be back blogging once I’ve sorted this whole thing out and found a new camera to take pictures with.

I suppose you might say that I have "a case of the Mondays."

Babs February 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM

wow! I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you catch the person who did it :(

Amanda February 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Aw I'm sorry Kasey. That happened to me except it was my backpack with hundreds of dollars worth of textbooks. What a pain with all your personal things though! Plus you feel so violated I'm sure. I hope you are back soon, keep your head up. I'm sure it's times like these you are grateful to be thrifty in the first place, so an event like this doesn't throw you over the edge. Good luck!

The Brick Cottage February 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Oh no! I am so sorry that this happened to you and you're having to deal with such a nightmare! I hope they catch the person who did this!

Flavia @ Estilo Home February 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Oh my! so sorry to hear that! Good luck as you straighten everything out.

Meredith Travels February 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM

That's tragic. As someone who loses her wallet on at last yearly basis I know how annoying replacing credit cards are too!

Good luck!

Kate @ Twenty-Six To Life February 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Oh no!! I'm so sorry that happened to you! It must be so frustrating. Good luck sorting everything out.

Audreya February 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM

That stinks! I'm so sorry!! I keep meaning to photocopy the cards and things in my wallet in case I ever lose it or get it stolen, but I never get around to it. This is a good reminder to get on that! Good luck getting everything cancelled. What a pain!

Kerry February 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Oh, Kasey - sorry to hear it!! How annoying to have to go through all that. I hope you get it resolved quickly so you can put it all behind you!

alice February 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Kasey,
I am so sorry. I know how violated you feel. I have been there. Take care.
smiles, alice

Heather @ McKinney Living February 1, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Oh no! :( Good luck with everything.

SeeJaneGetRich.com February 1, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Sorry, Kasey! What a bummer. I hope you can get everything sorted out before the thief starts using your cards.

Good luck!

dolores @ "Welcome to My Humble Ablog" February 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I'm so sorry Kasey. I hope everything goes well. :(

Andhari February 1, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Omg i'm sorry Kasey, i experienced the similar thing way back. I know how annoying it must be.

ps. at first I just wanted to tell you that Project Barbie is due this Wednesday, if you still wanna join. I feel bad though. I hope you're okay and everything is sorted again.

ashley morgan February 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you...that's so terrible. I hope you're able to get everything sorted out without too much trouble.

Mrs. Chic February 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I'm sorry your car was borken into and they found your purse...I've had my car broken into a few times, luck for my they only stole my radio and carseat!

Bryan, Jen, Noah and Kiki too! February 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry that happened to you :(

alanna rose February 1, 2010 at 12:32 PM

That's horrible!
I hope this doesn't add too much stress to your life.

DescribeHappy February 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Ugg! I have no words... just ((hugs))

Meg February 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM

What a total d-bag! I can only hope that something awesome will happen to you to make up for this and that whoever did gets hit hard with his or her bad karma.

CC February 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I own a small store..and it's been broken into twice now,and robbed of most everything. My prayers are with you,I know how you feel. I personally felt so violated and angry..I so hope they catch the vermin that did this.

Kristi W @ Life at the Chateau Whitman February 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Oh no, that sucks! My car was broken into once when I was at the zoo, of all places. They busted the window too. It really does ruin a person's day!

spark! (Ada-Marie) February 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Sending you a virtual hug, Kasey. So sorry about the inconvenience, but happy that you are safe. xxoo, Ada-Marie

Jamie Lee February 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Oh no, Kasey! That's horrible. The same thing happened to my friend recently while she was at the gym. I hope you get it all figured out.

micah @ the yellow front door February 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Oh no - SO sorry! What a terrible feeling to lose your personal belongings... hope you get it all straightened out soon!

Jen February 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I am so sorry, that is horrible. I hope you get everything sorted out soon. I will miss you until then.

carrie February 1, 2010 at 3:36 PM

That really sucks! Happened to us the very first night in our house. They stole our GPS, satellite radio and my make-up bag {wtf?!}. It sucked SO so bad. Fixing the window wasn't as much as I expected though. $130ish. This too shall pass. {{{hugs}}}

Amanda February 1, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Kasey I just remembered- when this happened to me, they broke my window too. A thrifty tip (not that you need them!) is to go to a Pick n Pull or salvage yard for a new window. Chances are you can find a perfectly good window in a less-than-perfect car and save a bundle. Good luck!

Loribeth February 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Oh that sucks BIG time! I hope it doesn't take long to get that all cleared up. But it's such a pain. Sorry about your misfortune.

Emily @ Waldo Bungie February 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Wow! That's awful! sorry to hear that - hope that you get everything figured out!

TheSingleNester February 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Oh no. I am so sorry this happened to you. I was the victim of a stolen purse while eating lunch in Manhattan during a work break and it is no fun.

Caity February 1, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Oh no! So sorry to hear that -- I hope you get it all sorted out asap as soon as possible, before any damage is done. Good Luck!

Mel February 1, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Oh no! Boo to thieves!

Diane @ InMyOwnStyle February 1, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Oh Kasey - I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. It is such a pain to have to get everything figured out and then having to pay to get your car window fixed and buy a new camera. You must be beyond upset. I hope you can get everything squared away soon. Try not to let the thieve(s) get the best of you. Diane

LizzieBeth February 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Oh Kasey, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you can recoup your loss!

chacha February 2, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Wow, that's crappy. I'm sorry to hear it. Now, I'm not one for additional annoying services, but, those ADT security things are fairly affordable (I think its like $30 a month or something).

Jeannine @ Small and Chic February 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Ugh. I'm so sorry! The same thing happened to a friend of mine...she went on a bike ride and came back to a broken window and no purse. What a pain!

A pox on that robber!

Lauren February 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Oh no Kasey!!! Atleast your car wasn't stolen and that you weren't hurt!! What a pain though! :(