Living Room Inspiration Board

>> 2.18.2010

Last week I shared my favorite piece of art and a few of the ways that I would use it to inspire the decor of my home. Here's the inspiration board I put together based off of those ideas:

I'm going for a modern/ worldly vibe. The fireplace, art/ shelf, couch, and rug are based off of pieces I have. Hopefully things will begin coming together soon.... I've been stalking Craigslist adds like nobody's business!

Do you think I should try to infuse some color with a blue or green chair or stick to neutrals?

P.S. Stay tuned for a dining room inspiration board...

Amanda February 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I like that blue chair you picked! And I love the shelves with pictures on them. I think that one colored chair plus the colors in your art and rug is enough color and the rest would look great neutral.

efedesigns February 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Definitely infuse color - I'm assuming you are wondering whether or not to have something like the blue chair you've pictured? Without it, the palette is too flat. I would continue the accent with some blue accessories.

efedesigns February 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM

-Kim

efedesigns February 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Sorry for the double comment!

McLaura February 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Great job! I definitely think you should throw the blue chair or something similar in there - it gives it that extra oomph that makes a good room great.

Audreya February 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I agree that the blue chair is a good piece! It seems like you like fresh / non-fussy colors. The chair is a good pop of color without being overwhelming. Plus, it's definitely better to do something like a chair that you can either replace or recover more easily if you get tired of it.

I really like the things you've picked!

Heather @ McKinney Living February 18, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Oooh I love your inspiration board!! I am in love with that blue chair - I think that is the perfect pop of color! I am excited to see your dining room board!

P.S. AMEN to the Craigslist hunting - I'm borderline obsessed at the moment!

Jamie Lee February 18, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Definitely go with the pop of color!

Babs February 18, 2010 at 2:12 PM

throwing some colors in that pop is a great idea, but I wonder if you should consider reds instead of / in addition to the blues and greens? Maybe a medium-tone red that isn't too bright.

I love the board you've put together! Do you use Photoshop or another software to collage everything?

LizzieBeth February 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM

LOVE the blue chair! It has to stay!

Lauren February 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM

The blue chair is great and you will also get some great color from the rug and some throw pillows!

Kim at Yellow Brick Home February 18, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I'm with everyone else - infuse color! It looks like the blue chair you chose could act as a neutral, so what about incorporating some fun, "wordly" throws or pillows from a place like World Market or Pier 1?

The Brick Cottage February 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Great mood board...can't wait to see what luck you have on Craigslist! I'm agreeing with everybody else, infuse color! But I'm biased as I LOVE color.

Loribeth February 18, 2010 at 5:08 PM

It looks great. I think you need to add some color. It might feel like something's missing if you don't.

Jenny February 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM

If you're not sure about color maybe you should add some colored pillows or frame some bright wrapping paper and put it on the wall. It's easy to change if you're not into it and you can get used to color slowly. Flowers are also great to bring in some color!

micah @ the yellow front door February 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I love it Kasey! I'd say go with the blue chair for a little extra color.

Kate February 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Love it all! Definitely go with the extra color :)

Anny February 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Its lovely! I'd add in some blue :)

Meg February 19, 2010 at 8:15 AM

You know me. I'm a crazy color person. I definitely say yes to the blue chair! And I just cannot get enough of tufted furniture.

Alexis L. of One Grand Home February 21, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Your mood board looks suspiciously like one I've created for the home I've moved into mentally but haven't yet bought actually. Have you been picking my brain?

I'm not so much in favor of the 'pop of color.' I like the restraint of the palette here and think that it will hold up as interesting in person, especially if the wall color is a non-neutral or at least engaging color or if you include color photography, more art, etc. The play of global elements and geometries speaks to me and I'd wait to add more color. It may not be needed.