Another One

>> 3.23.2010

Two posts in one day?! I know, but I'm not here without a few good reasons:

First, I'm lucky enough to be featured on Remodelaholic today! If you haven't been to that blog yet, make sure to check out this and this. Oh, and don't miss out on the Remodelaholics parties that Cassity hosts every Friday.

Next, I have to give a shout out to my new BFFs, Erin at Slipcover Your Life, (aka the first one who sided with me in the great fabric fight) and chacha (who even pointed me towards a couple thriftier sources). Nate said that we could go off and live in an 1980's beach house together. What do you think, maybe somewhere in Key West? I'm not sure how we can get back to the 80's... do you happen to have a hot tub time machine?

Finally, it looks like Nate's going to win this fabric fight. He vetoed Mrs. Chic's cute and affordable suggestion and came back with a few fabric selections that were "okay" by his terms:

Yep, he's all about the black and white. Nope, I can't believe that he liked the first one! Still, it seems a bit formal for my space. I'd really like a fun, girly fabric for my desk chair so if you have any suggestions for fabrics that come in a black/white/grey pattern and a more girly pink option... please let me know!

...and if that whole hot tub time machine thing doesn't work out I think I'm still going to buy the fabric. Maybe I'll make a cute bag out of it:

chacha March 23, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Also, not sure if you have Joann Fabrics over there in TX, but they are having a sale this weekend - 20% off entire purchase. They had coupons in the store when I was there on Saturday.

And they had a surprisingly good selection of home decor weight cotton. Not so much of the cool designer ones you find online, but plenty of nice options. I got a yard for another project (drapes!) for $9.99. I'm going back this weekend to use the 20% for more fabric for the piping of the chair I'm eventually re-upholstering...

Mrs. Chic March 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Very cool new fabric spots to check out!

Ok, back to the issue at hand, you want color he wants b&w - since you have six chairs - do two chairs in a print that works 'the main' chairs and he can use a 'main chair'

Here's a print I like that could go with a girly print

I also like this option!

I'm bad - My husband usally dosn't see my vision, so I buy it then he loves it...go figure

Brittney March 23, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Cute blog!! I found you via remodelaholic. I love your bathroom reno!

micah @ the yellow front door March 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I'm not very knowledgeable about fabric, but I do love the ones you posted! If the first one is too formal, maybe go for the stripes??

Danielle and Clint March 23, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Good idea! I really like the fabric myself and can't wait to see what you do with it

Kelly@TearingUpHouse March 23, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I'm with Mrs. Chic on mixing the prints. I'm doing that with my curtains here: http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com/2010/02/before-progress-historic-house-by-water_03.html

Kelly

Meg March 24, 2010 at 8:26 AM

What about houndstooth? It's classic, funky, but not too formal and you can easily get traditional black and white as well as virtually almost any other color. In fact, here's pink: http://www.buyfabrics.com/p-2257-houndstooth-baby-pink.aspx?source=gbase

Good luck, Kasey! Whatever you choose, it'll be fabulous!

Kim at Yellow Brick Home March 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Kasey, the striped fabric could also look oh-so-chic! I'm actually kinda lovin' it...