Another Party to Plan

>> 3.31.2010

I've been a bit quiet about my New Year's resolution/ Party Project, but I haven't stopped planning!

Thanks to a comment from myownplace, I decided to check out House Party. After joining the House Party website (free), I began applying to host some of the many sponsored parties. I was rejected by the first couple of parties I applied to, but after a little perseverance, received an email inviting me to host a Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack Party. I set up my party's page and the free party pack was shipped to my house!

They didn't say what exactly was in the box, so Nate and I were really excited to rip off that packing tape and check out the goods!

A detailed letter outlined all of the party pack's goodies and gave a few tips on getting the party started.
"The diva fun is coming soon!"

I was surprised to find that my party pack included 8 boxes of the 100 calorie Fudge Petites (four of each flavor). There were also sixteen $1.00 off coupons for me to pass out to my guests.

The party pack also included other diva-like goodies like this plastic mini martini glass (16 included) to serve the treats in...

...and this magnet frame party favor (16 includsed).
I have no clue what I'm going to do with these.

As the host, I was lucky enough to get a rhinestoned Nabisco mirror compact.

So it looks like I have a Nabisco 100 Calorie party on my hands. I really like the 100 Calorie Packs so I was excited to get accepted into the party in the first place, but not receiving the package until this week made it a little difficult to plan out the party. Still, the party page had some good ideas including links to these yummy recipes so I'm excited to see what I can do with it.

Anyone else ever have a sponsored party through House Party or another website? What was your experience like?

maura March 31, 2010 at 10:01 AM

This is such a cool idea Kasey. Nice way to get the friends together and not have to spend alot. It also looks like fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Jamie Lee March 31, 2010 at 10:10 AM

What a great idea!! I think I will sign up for this website too. Free things to help host a party--yes, please! I'm sure your party will be fabulous! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Kim at Yellow Brick Home March 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM

This is such a bizarre but neat thing. I'd want to ditch the party and use those snacks to supplement my lunches!

The Brick Cottage March 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM

That's so neat! I've never heard of this but I'm going to check it out!

Kate March 31, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I've never heard of that either but it sounds really cool. And you know you'll be carrying around that Nabisco mirror everywhere you go! ;)

Caity March 31, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Do you have to do anything after the party, like show the company pictures or submit a report?

hiphousegirl March 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Ooooh the mirror is so bedazzled. I wanna come to your 100 calorie pack party!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog March 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM

@Caity~ I don't think that you have to, but they do ask that you post pictures to the party page. There were 2,000 spots for this party so tracking each host wouldn't be the easiest task. From what I understand, it's all on the honor system.

Beth March 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I'm actually on their email list, but I haven't applied for any parties yet. Gotta get my son's wedding behind me first...weekend after Easter!!! So, how far ahead of time did they let you know that you were going to get to do the party? Do you get enough time to find people to come??? That's my biggest fear! But I really wanna start doing it!

Beth March 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog March 31, 2010 at 4:15 PM

@Beth~ They give you plenty of time to plan the party (I think they gave me six weeks), but my problem is that they don't actually tell you what is in the party pack. I didn't want to plan food and decorations then have them send me too much or too little to add to the party.

Good luck on that wedding; I don't blame you for not wanting to add anything else to your plate ;)!

Mandy West :),  April 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I have hosted one for Arnolds sandwich thins (just had family over for burgers!) and have another one coming with Clorox greenworks. Arnolds sent grocery bags, 4.00 off coupons, a cutting board, and some recipe cards. They have always sent me an email with the goodies I was going to receive. I took the leftover grocery bags with the coupons to work with me and gave them away. I just made everyone pose with their bag to upload to the website. Oh yeah - my cousin did one for ABC family stations new shows - it came with notepads, posters, pens, etc.

Heather @ McKinney Living April 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Wow - I will definitely have to check that site out! Can't wait to see how your party turns out - fab, I'm sure! :)