Final Fabric Thoughts?

>> 4.08.2010

I think Nate and I have come to an agreement in our fabric fight. I'd just like to have your blessing before we go ahead and cover the chairs.

So, what do you think these?
The black and white (right) would go in our dining room while the blue flowers would go on my office chair and come downstairs when we need to seat six.

As you might remember, Nate only liked black and white fabrics so this was something we could both agree on. Plus, it's only $9/ yd at JoAnn Fabrics.

Here's a shot from farther away:

and the chair...

So, should I go for it or keep looking?

Babs April 8, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I like 'em! I think the blue flowers are delicate enough to stand up to (and give great, playful contrast) to the heavier black and white patterns. Good choice :)

The Brick Cottage April 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM

You've got my blessing! :) I think the fabric coordinate nicely with each other. I really like the geometric print with the floral.

efedesigns April 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Oh I REALLY like them both! Good blend of feminine and masculine. Thumbs up!!
-Kim

Audreya April 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Well, Kim said exactly what I was going to say... so I'll just leave it at "You have my blessing". :-)

hiphousegirl April 8, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Take the plunge! I like all the white with the dark wood. And again, your table looks great :-)

Meg April 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Oh my gosh, I loooove the black and white geo print!! So cute! Both of these are absolutely fabulous. Great job, Kasey!

Kate April 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I really like both of them too! I love the pattern of the black and white and the blue flowers are really pretty.

Katie April 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM

go for it! i think the bold b&w print will look really nice on the chairs, and the blue flowers looks great with the print.

Jacquelin Seybert April 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Go for it! Both fabrics are great. Chic & elegant!

Jacquelin Seybert April 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Go for it! Both fabrics are great. Chic & elegant!

LizzieBeth April 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I LOOOOOVE the fabric with the blues! Sooo pretty.

The black and white is classic. You can't go wrong.

Ashley Mutschler April 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Blessing given! Those look great together!

Life in Rehab April 8, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Are you kidding? They're perfect!

Kim at Yellow Brick Home April 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Based on your inspiration photos, I think you've hit the jackpot with those fabrics.

My ONLY suggestion would be for the dining room: I am totally in love with the super bold black and white. Have you thought about black and white stripes? They may stay stylish longer, have a rock n' roll feel, and seem to be a crowd pleaser.

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life April 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I like the combo. The black and white is pretty clasic and mixing it with the floral is gonna look great!

Kerry @ First Time Fancy April 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Great choices! I love them! :) Can't wait to see your chairs all covered!

Jenny April 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Go for it! They're both really nice fabrics and go together well when needed, so look no further!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Yay, I'm glad I have approval!

@Kim~ I did think about the stripes, but I was stuck on the idea of going with some sort of fun and different fabric pattern. Covering the seats should cost less than $30 and I'm not too worried about redoing it when I get sick of the fabric. Who knows, you might see them with black and white stripes next year :).

Mrs. Chic April 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I like the white & blakc print alot mixed with the flowers very nice

Heather @ McKinney Living April 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I loooove it! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Christie, Describe Happy April 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I think your choices match the places you will use them very well! I'm enjoying how your dining room especially is coming out!

Catherine @ waking up with you April 11, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Love the floral fabric. When you come to replace your rug I think the geometric pattern will be a blessing because it will go with a lot of things.