Flower Power

>> 4.05.2010

$1 flower headband, Target's Dollar Spot

Sorry, unlike most bloggers, I don't have too many real flowers to show off in my yard. Hey, at least my pup will wear that cheap headband in the yard for hours on end.

In other flower news...

$12.99 flower wallet clutch, Target

Thanks to a little car break-in, I had a good excuse to go out and buy the flower clutch from this inspiration board. I think it makes a nice springy addition to my purse.

The necklace decided that would rather be worn with a cheapo Gap dress... sorry, Anthropologie!

$1 seed packets, Dollar Tree

Did you know that Dollar Tree sells seed packets?? I'm doing a little experiment to see if they are deals or duds. I'll let you know how it turns out!

If anyone knows what this plant is, please let me know. It survived summer through winter without being watered or covered and came back for spring with these beautiful flowers.

I'd like to buy some more and plant them along this walkway.

Oh, snap! I did not just post this... I'm sorry Nate, but you guys are just too cute!

How do you get your flower fix? Are you a natural gardener... or do you just dress up your dog/ boyfriend like I do?

The Brick Cottage April 5, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I wish I could dress up my dog like that! So cute! And that's so funny you got your boyfriend to wear it, too! I'm going to try some flower seeds also. They're so cheap that it's at least worth trying. I get my flower fix from my neighbors yard--oh maybe one day her yard will rub off on mine and mine will have flowers, too! One day!

hiphousegirl April 5, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I bought my house in the fall of last year, so all the flowers in my yard were a total surprise! I have some great tulips and other bulbs that I didn't even know about, no thanks to my own ambition!

Danielle and Clint April 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM

HAHAHAHA! Love the cute doggie pics!

I love planting flowers in the spring/summer. It's fun to watch them grow.

Ashley Mutschler April 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM

We bought a house lat August so we are trying to spruce up the yard with flowers, new mulch, etc.

Ashley Mutschler April 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM

maura April 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I was lucky enough to find a beautiful garden at our present home. We moved in about 5 years ago and It is still alive(somehow). I have hostas, daffodils, peonies, phlox, rhodadendren, lilly of the valley, and many others. Everything is just starting to come up here. Another 2-3 weeks and we will be in full bloom. Too bad both my kids have horrible allergies. We have to keep the house closed up until about june! BOO HOO! Nettle to the rescue (natural alergy med.)! Love the last pic Kasey. I hope your flower come in. Nice of you to test it out for everyone else.

Babs April 5, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Ha, love the pics! Your dog looks so happy to have the headband on :)

The people who used to live in our place went crazy planting tulips and other flowers around the yard, but they didn't do a very good job planning out what should go where so we just have tons of clumps. We're in the process of trying to salvage as many as we can and move them to better areas around the yard.

Most of the year I like buying cheap-o bunches at the grocery store and spreading them out among vases around the house.

Meg April 5, 2010 at 11:18 AM

OK, so the fact that you can get your dog to keep the headband is waaaay more impressive than any garden. I just might have to steal your furry child!!

Our former owners planted all sorts of great flowers and trees, so this spring (our first spring at this house) has been so exciting for us! We're surprised every day by what our former owners already planted in our yard.

I can't wait to see how your garden looks next spring, Kasey! It'll be beautiful!

dolores @ Welcome to My Humble Ablog April 5, 2010 at 11:37 AM

How cute is that?! I get my flower fix at my mom's house where she grows endless amounts of flowers! It's seriously ridiculous sometimes.

Life in Rehab April 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Kasey,

Pop by Rehab. We're having a great time in the garden right now. By the way, those photos made me smile big time!I wonder if I could talk Sammy into wearing that hairband...

Jen April 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I can't believe your dog will wear that and I can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can go outside and start planting. Love all your flowers!

Jen April 5, 2010 at 11:49 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim at Yellow Brick Home April 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I'll take a flower-headband-wearing-pup over real flowers any day! Just look at the sunshine face. Love it!

Lauren April 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Love the flower headbands! How are things going with Hugo?

P.S. We just discovered that someone planted tulips in our front yard! They just came in bloom.. it was a nice little surprise!

Kristen April 5, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I just found your blog through Comfort & Luxury and I'm SOO happy I did! -Kristen

Sara @ Russet Street Reno April 5, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Oh man, that is funny stuff! I believe that shrub is a Potentilla. You could also do some 'Sunjoy Gold Pillar Barberry' along that planting bed, they are narrow and grow about 2-3 ft tall. Happy gardening!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 6, 2010 at 8:37 AM

@Lauren~ Oh, he's great. Most of the puddle-making has ended and he fits in as if he has always been here.

@Kristen~ I'm glad you found me!

Timeless Style Design April 6, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Just found your blog and looking forward to spending some time reading your past posts. In the meantime, I'm impressed with your dog's ability to pose for the camera in spite of his unusual headgear!

I just posted about my pup, and it would appear they may be related...is yours a Blue Healer/Australian Cattle Dog-x?

craftosaurus April 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM

1. Ranunculus! I love ranunculus! Good choice.

2. Those first two photos are so happifying. :)

3. To answer your question, I've been a gardener for several years, but mostly with vegetables. This year, though, the flowers will be out in force in our yard. Well, they better be! We're growing our own flowers for our wedding at the end of the summer. Cross your fingers for us. :)

More Style Than Cash April 8, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I saw the picture of the puppy and thought, "Oh she shouldn't have posted that, all the other dogs will see the picture and laugh at poor puppy, then I saw the picture of Nate........he must love you verrrry much. LOL