Speaking of Oprah...

>> 4.30.2010

What are your thoughts on this lady?

Love her? Hate her? Have no clue who she is...?
What source do you use for financial information?

*I'll admit, I DVR her CNBC show and love testing myself during the "Can I Afford It?" segment.*

Ashley Mutschler April 30, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Her advice: Is great!

Her personality: A little nuts...

Kristen Wiig doing her on SNL: Priceless

Kerry @ First Time Fancy April 30, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Saw her speak live at some event I attended a couple of years ago... she was the first person that made me really sit back and think about my financial situation. Her advice was helpful, but I agree with the above comment - she is a little nuts...

I have a couple friends who work at banks... I turn to them a lot for financial info/help

Audreya April 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Ashley summed it up perfectly! :-)

kathyhm April 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I listened to her for a long time then I started reading Dave Ramsey and like his philosophy so much better. She preaches having a good FICO score and you cannot have a good FICO score without having and continuing to have debt. And debt is not in my future! Other than that I like her - if I can ignore her delivery!

carrie April 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM

My husband was working on Suze and helped produce the launch of the "Can I Afford It?" segment. He used me as one of the first callers.

Meg April 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Oh, that Suze! She's so smart. Most of the time I love her, except when Lee uses her against me.

I think she is extremely disciplined and I'm not always as patient. I cringe when I hear Lee say, "What would Suze say?"

Like the oven. Sure, it still functions, but it's from 1987 and with the burners and oven no longer able to function at the same time, as well as stinking of gas, it is starting to show signs of being a fire hazard.

Lee wants to use a lot of the 8K first time homebuyer money for savings while I want to use a chunk for appliances. I was miffed to hear his Suze line.

Danielle and Clint April 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I think she brings a lot of common sense to the table. I like her, but I do notice I have to turn the TV down when she is on.

@ Meg - WWSD

Jen April 30, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Love her. I love how she doesn't sugar coat everything and just tells you the good honest truth.

Mrs. Chic April 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I think she's great, she has good soild advice and makes so much sense!

Kate April 30, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I think for the most part she offers good basic financial advice. Like with any money guru though, I think you have take what works for you and do your homework about the rest :)

I've seen her show a couple times and I do like her "can I afford it?" segment.

micah @ the yellow front door April 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Kristen Wiig does a great impersonation on SNL. That's all I know :)

Tonia {Chic Modern Vintage} April 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I don't listen to a word she says personally, but I would love to see the impersonation of her on SNL.

laura @ so alaurable April 30, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I think she gives good, basic financial advice, but she drives me a little crazy. I subscribe to a lot of personal finance blogs that are always good at reminding me of my financial goals whenever I'm tempted to buy some shiny, new thing...as well as get my booty in gear when I am lazy about seeking out the best interest rates, lowering my bills, and investing. One of my favorites is Budgets Are Sexy. I have several listed in my blogroll.

Life in Rehab April 30, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Financial information? When they announce on the news, "It will cost you twice as much to use a Citibank ATM as it will to buy a share of their stock," well, people, get thee to Sharebuilder.

Katie May 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I'm familiar with her, but I've never paid too much attention. Her personality always seemed a little too much for me. I'm more of a Dave Ramsey fan.

Nancy May 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Her voice is annoying.

Her advice can be taken out of other book, seminar or the web. She's not preaching about anything new.

She must have a killer marketing firm to get her all over the tv for preaching basic knowledge.