See, I'm not really addicted!

>> 5.03.2010

It might have been a display of self control... or it might have been because I was too lazy to go get cash... but I didn't go to one garage sale this week (not even the one down the street!). I'd like to think that Nate's, "wow, you took one week off" wasn't actually sarcastic and that he is incredibly impressed with me.

Thrifty Tip: If you want full support from your SO on your Saturday garage sale habits, just wake them up early when you're not out shopping. Nate loves sleeping in so he actually asks, "don't you have a garage sale to get to...?"

It was fine anyways, I just lived through a few of my garage sale shopping bloggy friends:

LizzieBeth is so much more creative on her shopping trips. She saw the potential in this super cheap silver piece:

What in the world could that be used for? Well, with a little polishing action, she plans on using it as a beautiful cake stand. Fabulous!

Bargain Betty Mel had a crazy case of beginner's luck on her first garage sale experience! Can you believe she snagged this whole lot of new and newish boy's clothes for $12.75?!

It was a post over at Cheap&Sweet that almost had me heading out the door. Thanks to her shopping smarts, she was actually able to turn a $30 profit by reselling a deeply discounted garage sale bike.
So I can use my shopping to support my habit hobby?! Count me in!

Don't worry Nate, I have a feeling that you'll have plenty of time to sleep in next Saturday!
Did you score any great deals at garage sales this weekend?

RJ @ A Life Designed May 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I had another no-win weekend of garage sales. We were a bit late out, but I was still surprised to only spend $1.50, and most of that on books. I may have to start looking out-of-town for garage sales...

Sandra May 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Love that beautiful cake stand...I scored at GW...come stop by and see my thrilling finds.

Ashley @ The Design Thief May 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I need to hit the trails and do some garage sale-ing of my own!

LizzieBeth May 3, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I didn't have the time this weekend to hit the yard sales, but I'm still working on my silver cake stand!!

Thanks for the shout out!

Melissa May 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I actually MADE money at a garage sale this weekend. We're getting ready to move and just can't take it all with us. I'll gladly take the $200+ that we made though! Oh, I spent a whopping $2 though. Salvation Army had 3 books and a mirror I couldn't leave without...all at 50% off. Thrifty weekend! :)

~Melissa~ May 4, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Yay! I have YOU to thank for my "beginners luck" score. :) In addition to the adorable baby clothes, I also found a fabulous mirror for my daughter room. I can't wait to go again. You may have created a monster. ;)

Cheap&Sweet May 9, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Well I did it again this weekend! I always get super random stuff But I do try to find stuff that can make a buck on.