worth its weight in gold!

>> 5.28.2010

Don't you love when you learn something from a blog that helps you out in real life? When Kate recommended the Bissell SpotBot for cleaning pet stains a couple months ago I thought it might be worth a try. Hugo's recent puppy ways had me thinking that I needed it... and WOW it was maybe the best purchase I've made all year. Seriously... Kate, you weren't kidding when you said that it is amazing!!

It not only cleaned up the recent spots, but completely erased a few set in stains that have been haunting me since I've lived here. If you have a decent amount of carpet in your house (and a pet), go for it. Now!

You simply fill the tank with water and cleaner...

...let it sit and scrub...

...then a few minutes later you have a perfectly clean carpet!

I promise, I wasn't bribed by any Bissell people to praise the Bot (but I'd love to test out some other products ;). I grabbed my $130 machine from Target earlier this week...

...along with this super cute $1 dog muscle tank :).

Have a great holiday weekend everyone! I have a lot of blog reading and commenting to catch up on (try 998 items in my Google Reader!!!), but I just wanted to share an example of why you bloggers out there rock!

PS Another thanks to Kate for convincing me to upgrade to the more expensive and healthier dog food. I know my puppies are better for it :).

WickedThrifty May 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM

my fiance bought one of these and just moved into my house so i'll have a chance to try it out! (2 cats= lots of puke on the rug. sigh)

can i just say how much i appreciate that you have used the correct form of "its" here in your title? not a lot of people do it right and it drives me batty! :D

miss corner cape May 28, 2010 at 8:04 AM

oh, i know the joys of this product through friends who swear by it. glad you found it, and what a stinkin' cute little shirt. can't believe he lets you do that. wish my cat let me dress her up...i do at halloween. ha.

Fianna May 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I love our Spot Bot!! Works great for all cat, dog and child related stains. It has saved my animal's lives a few times over now!

Kim at Yellow Brick Home May 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

We don't have wall to wall carpet, but we do LOVE the bissell little green. We use it on furniture and area rugs (for very small spots), and it works like a charm!

Also, love the shirt! I'm wondering though... It looks backwards? Shouldn't the chest part be on your pup's chest, too? ;)

Kristi W @ Life at the Chateau Whitman May 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM

We have a Bisell Green Machine that looks very similar and definitely works as well. We've cleaned up old red wine stains with that thing! Anyway I wanted to suggest it to your readers because it was around $80, so a little cheaper alternative to the one in this post. Thanks for the update!

Kate May 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Aw yay!! It is an amazing little machine isn't it? And that's awesome that you switched their food too! I'm so glad it's working out for you (and of course Hugo and C.C.)!

And that muscle tank is too adorable... love it. :)

Mrs. Chic May 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

we dont have any carpet in our home, but I've been thinking we need one for our sofas and chairs!! And for future rugs, my little dog can be bad some times, which means plenty of hand scubbing and mean faces at my dog! lol

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog May 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

@WickedThrifty~ Haha, I try :)

@Kim~ I thought that too... but we'd miss out on the cuteness.

@Kristi~ Great point! I bet that you could just buy the pet odor fighter cleaner and use it in the Green Machine.

@Kate~ Thanks again! I'm never looking back to my spot-filled days again.

Monica May 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hugo is a doll!!
Thanks for sharing this, I only have 2 bedrooms with carpet, but guess which 2 rooms my doggie likes to "visit" the most? :/

frugalapolis May 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Congratulations! You have been selected to receive the "Versatile Blogger" Award. Please go to http://bit.ly/bnKxwW to find out the rules and get the badge to proudly display your Award on your blog.

Lauren May 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM

That looks pretty good! Love the muscle shirt!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses May 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Good to know!

And that muscle tank is the funniest thing. Ever.

Kelly

Jamie Lee June 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I'm glad you wrote this post. Peter and I bought one of these a month or so ago and I've been meaning to post about it and just haven't had time. The results are amazing. Its such a helpful little gadget.

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner June 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Awesome! It's good to see testimonials from real, live people. :) We do have a lot of carpet in our house, and a cat that likes to puke occasionally. We could probably benefit from the Bot!