I finally caved

>> 6.22.2010

So I have this weird habit... I watch the shopping networks like HSN and QVC for fun. I just love the fact that it's all live and there aren't commercial breaks every few minutes (although the whole thing is one big commercial. Sometimes I like laughing with/ at the crazy lady with the bedazzed sweatshirts, sometimes I pick apart the "unbelievably low" prices that turn out to be bad deals, and sometimes I sit back and enjoy the lady with the smooth voice talking about her sparkly cocktail ring.

The strangest thing is that, in the years that I've watched the shopping networks, I've never once bought anything... until this week.

What did I get? Well, of course it was something from my other favorite Nate:
I've been slowly collecting pieces for my bedroom (I've shown you the lamps, bench, and a nightstand) and I actually needed a new duvet cover, shams, and skirt. Somewhere along the line I decided that the black of the nightstands (still unpainted, sorry) would look great with a nice, bright blue.

Nate Berkus's collection for HSN not only had the perfect blue, but came with white shams and a skirt (I have a thing against super matchy-matchy bedding sets)! After looking around at all of my other options for weeks, $69 for the perfect set seemed to be a great deal.

I'm excited to start pulling the master bedroom together!
Oh, and for those of you wondering about my half Ironman training... I do an average of two workouts per day (Mon- yoga; Tues- run AM/ swim PM; Wed- run AM/ bike PM; Thurs- run AM/ swim PM; Fri- bike PM; Sat- run/ swim AM; Sun- bike)... yes, it's tiring and hard to get the energy to do diy projects!

Have you ever ordered anything from a tv shopping network? How did you find the quality/ pricing?

Kate@TwentySixToLife June 22, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I've never bought anything from a TV shopping network so I don't know anything about the quality (I would imagine it varies?). I'm so excited that you're starting on your master bedroom though! I love your mood board and can't wait to see how the bedding looks in real life.

And holy cow - 2 a day workouts! You are one seriously hard working chica! You're definitely going to rock that race when it comes!

Life in Rehab June 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I haven't bought anything from a TV ad since I was 28 and drunk at 2:00 in the morning. Oddly, I've never regretted the purchase of the Encyclopedia of Things That Never Were. Hey, that was 21 years ago.

Can't wait to see your bedding in real blog life though!

k + b June 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

thats so funny.
when i was younger i used to love falling asleep to QVC and HSN... no idea why! i think becuase it was just always on and i watched HOURS of it and NEVER bought anything. i dont know what it is about infomercials but they always grab my attention.... i guess thats the point!

Jammer June 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM

haha I've always been tempted to buy something! I love that color blue though - great choice! :)

Kim at Yellow Brick Home June 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Kasey, I love that striped pillow! As you've seen over at the YBH, we're redoing our bedroom, too, so I love looking at what other people have going on in their own rooms. Everything has been purchased for ours, but now I'm falling for that pillow. Shoot!

Love the blue, by the way.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards June 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I like the blue. I think you found a gem.

Can't wait to see it all together.

Danielle and Clint June 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I am guilty of this also. I use to be addicted to watching Gems TV, until my cable provider took it off! I never bought anything though. But I do like watching those channels for the same reason as you. I like the contrast with the white stripe! It will add that pop of color to your room!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty June 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I never bought anything....but I heart Nate and that duvet looks great on your mood board. Can't wait to see it all come together!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno June 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM

That is a stunning shade of blue. I've never bought from tv shops, but I'm sure it isn't any different from online items. Great find!

jacquelin seybert June 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Hysterical. I've never bought anything either... too many "danger zones" like Target, West Elm and IKEA already exist... QVC is another danger zone! Great color by the way.

hiphousegirl June 23, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I've never bought anything from those shows- but hey, if the shoe fits and is a good price, why not?? I like the colors you're going with.

PS your triathlon schedule FREAKS ME OUT. I can't imagine doing that. I've run a marathon, but never- NEVER did I work out twice in one day. That's insanity! That being said, I'm totally inspired by you.

Alexis L., The Studioist June 25, 2010 at 3:25 AM

I've never purchased anything from television but I did see a great John Robshaw pillow that had me tempted for awhile.

Anonymous,  June 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Love that nightstand

& yes - I bought round & square 'diamond' stud earrings from one of those shows.

They're smallish and perfect & actually really nice quality.