NEVER forget to knock on wood!

>> 6.30.2010

It was just yesterday that I was over at Brick City Love (glad to have you back Carrie!) commenting on AC units versus hot summers:

"I can't imagine living without air conditioning!"

Oh, it turns out that I CAN imagine it now... after coming home to a broken central AC unit yesterday!

Don't forget to knock on wood... or keep up with those emergency funds!

chacha June 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Yeah, I had that happen one year when I was living inland and and the average high was like 105 - the upstairs was like 90+. Luckily it was just a matter of removing freon (weird - but I think the previous owners had a servicer that put in too much and caused the compressor to just shut off).

carrie @ brick city love June 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Not to be mean but I'm kinda laughing my tush off. Welcome to my world. haha.

For your sake, I hope it gets fixed soon. I know all to well the pain of AC-less summers. Sending you cool thoughts & a fan.

Amanda @ Tall Glass of Water June 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Oh no! I feel your pain though. We have a house (in Texas) with no central A/C. We have a portable unit in the living room and a window unit in the master. Once it gets "colder" were planning on getting central. Until then...agghhh!

Danielle and Clint June 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM

No A/C here! We have window units in the living room and our bedroom, which is on the second floor and is hotter than an oven!! On super hot days, I don't even attempt to do much in the house because the sweat is nonstop.

Now that I gave you that visual, I feel for you :-( I know how hot Texas can get!!

Kate@TwentySixToLife June 30, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Oh no! What a pain! Hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed quickly (and cheaply!)

The Brick Cottage June 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Oh man! I hope that it's an easy and cheap fix. We've spent too much money on our HVAC unit since we've moved into our house but think we've got it under control now. The unit is only three years old but unfortunately had a coil break, so even with it under warranty, it was still a few hundred dollars. Our neighbor, on the other hand, had something go wrong with her unit and instead of putting out air, the unit was putting out heat. I went to check on her animals because she was stuck in traffic and running late and it was 101 degrees in her house. Luckily, the animals were fine and the cost to fix it was about $80 or so.

Mrs. Chic June 30, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I'm so sorry that sucks! I know how hot and muggy texas can get! :( not fun

{Arianna Belle} June 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Oh no! :( Hope it doesnt cost too much to fix!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno June 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM

At least there is the energy credit this year! Ours is a beast from the 70s, but apparently still works better than most new units....says the HVAC guy. Great, I have to live with it forever!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards June 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Oh no! Thank goodness for emergency funds. I hope you get it up and running soon.

Emily July 1, 2010 at 5:33 AM

I am vacationing in Berlin, Germany, where they don't believe in air conditioning! The highs for this week are in the high 80's/low 90's, which is unusual for this area. I am sweating to death! I hope your AC gets fixed soon!

wakingupwithyou July 1, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Hey look, there's my comment right above yours!

jacquelin seybert July 1, 2010 at 9:59 AM

My husband and I were in Austin last month... Broken AC is a no, no!

Paula July 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I definitely feel for ya! I live in Florida and it is so hot and humid here, I can hardly take it (and I'm a native Floridian)! Our A/C always seems to go out during the summer too. I hope you get your's fixed quickly and as cheaply as possible! :)