not an entry table after post

>> 6.08.2010

If I were a really good blogger, I'd just finish this project myself and wow you all with my amazing creativity and talents. You guys must know me a bit by now... I mean, when have I not asked for an opinion on a project I've done?! So here's where I am:

I started off with this entry table:

Seeing as I already had 1,001 wood tones going on in my home, I asked you all what I should do with it here.... but then later decided to completely ignore the fact that everyone liked it and decided to sell it on Craigslist. I'M SORRY! Where was I supposed to put my purse, mail, and shoes? It had to go.

On the plus side, I sold the old one for $55 (only $15 less than what I paid for it) and bought a new, solid wood cabinet for $40. It was five shades of ugly when I picked it up (someone did not know how to paint!), but looked a little like this when we were in the sanding process:

After a little staining action (thanks, Nate!), we've got a black hole a bad picture of a totally new piece (I promise that it looks better in person).
How do these dog butts seem to get into every picture?!

I need your help making a decision on the knobs. I don't want to drill any holes before I know what I'm going with so you'll have to imagine what they'll look like on the two drawers and cabinets:
I thought these might add a little girly flare to the piece?

Do you like these? I'm too impatient and lazy to order anything online so I just found my favorite option from Home Depot's in-stock selection. What do you think? Keep looking? Have any suggestions?

PS If you're really looking for an amazing after picture on a piece pretty similar to this one, check out this post over at The Brick Cottage!

Danielle and Clint June 8, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I think the knobs go very well! Keep!

Kate June 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I like the knobs too. I think they would look great!

evitafjord June 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I think the handles are okay (if they are silver and not gold like they look in the picture - at least on my monitor) but I would use the handles on both the drawers and the cabinets, not the knobs at all.

Jeannine @ Small and Chic June 8, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I love the knobs! I don't have an Home Depot in town, so what looks every day to you looks pretty special to me!

Mrs. Chic June 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I like the pulls, but not feeling the knobs - lol

looks nice!! :)

The Brick Cottage June 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM

You're so sweet! Thanks for the shout out.

I love the look of silver with black. I like the ones you have pictured and can easily imagine it looking chic with the pulls on the drawers and the knobs on the doors. I think the simple style of the knob lets the pulls take center stage while not looking too busy (which I think it would if you used only pulls--and I think only knobs might look to plain).

And I have to say that I love that you're using this piece in your entry way than a typical console table. Very cool!

{Arianna Belle} June 8, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Nice choice in furniture! It'll definitely provide more storage!

I vote for the round knobs!

Hope you're having a great week!

xoxo,

Arianna

LizzieBeth June 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I think the knobs are great! They will really pop against the black!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno June 9, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I think those pulls are pretty and will look nice. Because they are cheap, if you find anything that 'wows' you later you won't feel bad about replacing them.