on a roll

>> 6.14.2010

*Sigh* Craigslist has been so good to me lately! Just in the last 30 days, I've saved $540 on rugs and $375 on my fabulous new x-benches. I just might be the most excited about my newest find! After THREE MONTHS of searching for the perfect pair of bedside lamps, Craig presented me with my new love:

It's Restoration Hardware's Library Lamp in antique brass. I'm obsessed with how good they look (I bought TWO!) sitting on black furniture. Remember my $20 nightstand? Once it goes black... well, I just might die!

Nate, I know that you're not the biggest fan of the antiqued golden color of the new lamps, but I promise they'll look amazing in the room. Just look at how they fit seamlessly into a variety of Lonny rooms:

Let's look at the retail price before I tell you how much I bought them for...

Two library lamps@ $169 per lamp + $50 per shade= $438
My price (for BOTH!)= $85
Even based off of Marshall's/ Homegoods prices, I'd say that $85 is pretty good (especially considering that I couldn't find any I liked at the discount stores).

Want to know exactly how I find such great deals on Craigslist? I've decided to put all of my tips into one big, fat Craigslist buying guide. Look out for it later this week!

PS Are there any other antique brass lovers out there? What finish do you love- brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, chrome...?

Life in Rehab June 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Brushed nickel please, to go with our casual beachy life. But I still drool over your finds.

Kim at Yellow Brick Home June 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I love that your posts are all about convincing Nate. So silly.

Love the lamps!

The Brick Cottage June 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM

SCORE! I love antique brass. My experience with my hubby is that he's always unsure of items until it's in the room then he likes it. Almost every time. :) O

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards June 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I seriously adore that nightstand. Like, seriously considering coming over and stealing it. Better lock your doors. ;)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards June 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM

And, I like the lamp, too, btw (I know you were wondering). But, since i only have two lamps in our entire house, I'm not a lamp expert. ;)

LizzieBeth June 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM

You crack me up with your Craigslist obsession! I bow to you, oh Oracle of the 'List'!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno June 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Your nightstand is amazingly cool. I would use antique brass in my house, as well. It is very trendy right now, you are a designer, girl!

Babs June 15, 2010 at 6:50 AM

I'm a fan of any of those finishes, depending on your decor :) And it's not like you couldn't paint them a different color if you decide to go in a new design direction!

Jacquelin Seybert June 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Craig is gosh darn great! I LOVE your finds!

Mrs. Chic June 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I like your nightstand! so cute. Ok you've hit the craiglist jackpot in your area!!

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner June 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Congrats on your finds! What a deal on those lamps, and I can't wait to see that nightstand in black!

We have a lot of oil-rubbed bronze fixtures. But if our house was a different style, I'd also like brushed nickel.