Just Say Yes

>> 7.14.2010

So I brought a horse head back home from the antique store this past weekend.

In my eyes it was the coolest thing ever... what's not to like about an old hand carved horse head?!
Nate thought it was junk.

But I knew it would be perfect for the entry:

It's the type of thing that just makes me happy when I walk into the door.

So it was worth any price I paid, right?!

Sadly, Nate only thought it was worth $1.
What he didn't understand was that it was from an antique store.
antique store > thrift store > garage sale

So it was way more than $1. Highlight below to find out how much I paid:

I wanted to pay $6-7, but the owner said $12.
I went home with it for $10.

Was it worth what I paid?

PS I'm partially blaming my colorful Liberty of London for Target bag and partially blaming Kelly's comment in this post for making me feel like I had to have a pillow to top off my new x-bench. Needless to say, a fun fabric is on its way!
PPS Yes, I still need to fill the old hardware holes on the cabinet.
PPPS Nate picked out those flowers because he noticed that we have a lot of yellow in the house :).

Sarah @ Dream in Domestic July 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I like it! I think it's quirky and fun - two things I love when it comes to accessories. I don't think you paid too much if you really love it. :)

Kate@TwentySixToLife July 14, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I like it a lot, I think it looks cute there. I'm always looking for stuff like that but can never seem to find it :/

alanna rose July 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I like it, and the price wasn't bad :)

excited to see what fabric you'll pick for the pillow!

Danielle and Clint July 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I think it's one of those art pieces every home needs! Of course he thinks it's junk! He's a man. lol. Clint would be the same way. But when it came to video games, how dare I think a controller would only cost $25.00! lol

Jacquelin Seybert July 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM

LOVE! People gift us animal statues all the time. The word got out that I love owls.

Mrs. Chic July 14, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I like it a lot I think you got a great price!

Meg July 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I love the horse head, I love the x bench and I am so excited to see the fabric you pick out for the pillow! Your house is really coming along fabulously, Kasey!

Life in Rehab July 14, 2010 at 10:13 AM

If you love it, it's worth it.

hiphousegirl July 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Psshhh... the price is fine! It's not what I would call a "steal" but it's definitely not anything to be embarrassed about haha. I really really like your whole entryway, and the horsey gives it such a fun playful punch. Sometimes you gotta just go for it.

Oonafey July 14, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Men just don't understand sometimes.

Flavia @ Estilo Home July 14, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Yes it was worth it! It's little touches like that which make a room feel special.

chacha July 14, 2010 at 12:35 PM

If you love it - it's worth it. I like that you tried to haggle - I think $6 would have been an excellent price. Surprised the shop owner didn't budge. $12 is a little high, but worth it if you love it.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog July 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM

@chacha~ She went down to $10... so a bit of a budge.

Haggling is really the easiest when you feel like you could leave without the item...Oh well!

Amanda @ Tall Glass of Water July 14, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Yes again and again! Reminds me of the uber expensive Jonathan Adler horse head craze. Show mister Nate those and $10 wont look like that much!

savvy_homegirl July 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM

It almost cost $1, just add a zero. That's nothing!

Besides, I'm sure there's many folks out there paying at least 3x that for the same thing retail!

savvy_homegirl July 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM

It almost cost $1, just add a zero. That's nothing!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno July 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM

It's a little higher than I would like, but it's hand-carved, so I think it's worth that price! It's pretty cool.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty July 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I like it and think it was worth it. It looks perfect there, but also be used anywhere in the house. So that makes it multi-functional and therefore worth it:).