more bedroom progress

>> 7.29.2010

I hope that you're not sick of my black paint addiction because I've painted another bedside table...

Remember the before?
I'm still loving those lines and that hardware!

It was a great Craigslist score at only $20.
 Add in a little leftover paint (free!) and we have a chic-n-thrifty after:

It's up to Nate to decide how he wants to use it, but I'm thinking it would be the perfect place for a couple storage boxes and a few bedtime books.
(this mock-up is a bit of a joke because Nate haaates that green rock)

And I must say, I think it's the perfect companion to my newly painted table:
So, are we still loving the glossy black pieces or are you ready to steal my paint can by now?
PS I still have half a gallon of black oil-based paint left...

PPS I plan on linking this post up with the Refinished Furniture Party this August at The Thrifty Home. I hope that you'll join me!
The Thrifty Home Refinished Furniture Party

Danielle and Clint July 29, 2010 at 10:55 AM

The thing I like about the pieces is they were unique to begin with. Not something you would see in a store. They look great in black!

Mrs. Chic July 29, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I don't think anyone can ever go wrong using white or black paint on furniture, you found two amazing pieces, that shine not that your restored them! I love that side table

the cape on the corner July 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM

oh yes, i like that. i am on the hunt for similarly lined pieces that i can revamp. yours look fantastic!

Sarah @ Dream in Domestic July 29, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Gorgeous!!!!! They both look fabulous. I love how they look. Although I normally love white, I do love black too and I think the darker option was the best choice for these pieces.

Amanda July 29, 2010 at 11:44 AM

So very nice! I don't think there's anything wrong with your black paint addiction- keep em coming!

Kate@TwentySixToLife July 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Seriously, LOVE IT! You've done a super job Kasey :)

Did you do something to the hardware too? Did you just polish it or did you do something to make them brassier? They look brand new in the after picture.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog July 29, 2010 at 11:51 AM

@Kate~ Thanks for noticing! I actually gave the hardware a rubdown with toothpaste- it's great for getting grime off of silver and it worked here too. If only Nate was as observant as you are...

Life in Rehab July 29, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Pshaw, paint away! I'll never tire of it.

Ashley July 29, 2010 at 12:49 PM

With all the white, white, white furniture updates out there (and seemingly easy fixes on dingy old furniture), its great and refreshing to see you use white's counterpart and still make a great piece. Kudos!

Jamie Lee July 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Kasey, these look so chic! I love them.

Elisa @ whatthevita July 30, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Yes, I do want to steal your paint can - only to use it myself on my stuff! I'm painting a few items white but your projects definitely make me eager to paint something black!

grunge-queen August 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Love what you have done! Amazing how you've transformed an icky table into something so purely elegant! I did that once with silver spray paint - sounds slightly tacky but it actually looks pretty good!

Jen August 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Black and white are so classic that you can never go wrong. I LOVE that bedside table, it looks like it was always meant to be black.