third time's the charm?

>> 7.28.2010

Say, "hello" to my new soap dispenser from IKEA:

I'm happy with the simple design and okay with the price ($7.99 for a set including soap dish, mouthwash container, and glass cup), but I'm still a bit baffled that I'm on my THIRD try at getting this bathroom soap dispenser thing worked out!

It was a sad, sad end for my second attempt:
I've usually had great luck with products from Marshalls, but this sucker started to rust like no other and it had to go :(

Here's hoping that the third time will be the charm (see the first here)!

While we're in the bathroom, I might as well share a couple other new additions...
First, you can see the simple and tiny cabinet ($30 from Target) Nate put up over the toilet to hold soaps and toothpaste. We needed a little extra storage, but I didn't want to take away any of the visual space by adding a big clunker so this did the trick. Plus, having plain shelves over a toilet just makes me nervous.

If you look in the reflection in the mirror, you can see the other new addition:
I've been looking for a shower curtain for months now and I've never been too excited by the design or price. When I saw this at One Kings Lane for $15, I snatched it up fast. It's interesting without being girly and fits right in with the black, white, and grey theme I have going on. Plus, the translucent property of the material is really important factor for a small space!

What do you think of the new additions?

PS If you want to join One Kings Lane (the discount shopping site I bought the shower curtain through), first read this then use this link to receive a $10 shopping credit (today only).

Audreya July 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Looks great! The shower curtain is awesome. Unique without being "weird". I love it!!

Danielle and Clint July 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Ugh...I had one recently break on me. So I feel your soap dispenser pain. Nice new additions!

Babs July 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I love that subtle diamond pattern on the walls! Did you use a template or did you freehand that?

Mrs. Chic July 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM

What a cool shower curtain, I've had many issues with soap dispersers too - the metal 'stainless' steal ones always rust, I need to get a simple glass one instead.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog July 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM

@Babs~ I created my own $2 stencil. Here's more info: http://www.thriftylittleblog.com/2009/10/creating-faux-wallpaper-in-bathroom.html

Life in Rehab July 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

That's an attractive little Swedish number you picked out! And the shower curtain is very unusual- I like that.

Kate@TwentySixToLife July 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM

The shower curtain is very cool. I go through soap dispensers like crazy for some reason... I really need to get one that will stay in there for awhile.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty July 28, 2010 at 1:10 PM

We have broken more soap dispensers than I care to think about. We finally just went with plastic which is ugly but functional. Love the new curtain!

Carole July 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM

ooh, i have that same cabinet in my bathroom. in our space, it feels too deep for its small size, so we may swap it out eventually. It holds a surprising amount of stuff, tho!

love the shower curtain!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards July 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I really like the curtain! Everything look great (of course). =)

RJ @ A Life Designed July 29, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Love the new dispenser and curtain! We have horrid glass doors on our shower that would leave a big mess if we tried to move them... I have serious shower curtain envy!

Deborah July 31, 2010 at 6:45 AM

I totally have the Ikea soap dispenser. I got two actually, one for hubbins side of the bathroom and one for my side.

I am totally addicted to your blog (found it yesterday) and am a new follower.

I love all things thrifted.