More Nest Feathering

>> 8.12.2010

I've been on a bit of a feather kick lately.

First, there was the new shower curtain:

And now there's the feather tray:

I liked the size and shape of it, but the finishing was a bit too shabby chic for my space. After a coat of white spray paint, it was ready to go on the bedside table:
ugh, sorry about the poor photo quality

I'm loving it. It's the perfect size for my bedside table and serves as a catch-all for the jewelry and other clutter I need to set aside before bed.

Oh, and I bet you'll never guess where I bought it... the grocery store! It was on clearance in the floral department. Strange, huh?

Have you ever come across inexpensive home decor in an unexpected place?

Ati Okelo August 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Luuuuuurrrrvvvvveeee the feather tray.

I get my best finds in the back alleys in my neighborhood. Price tag: FREE!

Amanda August 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Amazing what a coat of spray paint can do! The side of the road is one of my fave spots for picking up home decor- but it sounds like I need to keep my eyes peeled for even more places, like the grocery store!

Mrs. Chic August 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM

such a pretty feather! I've seen a similar one from Urban Outfitters, and have been eying it! I love yours

Flavia @ Estilo Home August 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM

It's really nice! It was definitely a good call to paint it white. What a random place to find it!

dolores @ Welcome to My Humble Ablog August 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM

The tray is uber cute! I thought the blue hue was just fine until I saw it in white...perfection!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards August 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Awesome find. It's super cute and perfect on the nightstand.

I will sometimes come across something unexpected. Sometimes I find random items at Farm and Fleet, right next to the horse tranquilizers and Carhartts. ;)

Alexis L., The Studioist August 12, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Grocery store, huh? The feather tray looks amazing in white. And I like the shower curtain.

But that said, stop before you have a The Birds themed house.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty August 15, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I am always amazed of the power of white spray paint...this now looks so fab!

Kim August 16, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I like your feather-finds. They are a nice spin on all of the bird decor.

Meg August 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Love the feathers and I definitely haven't seen them on a million different blogs! How funny that you found the tray at the grocery store? It couldn't be more perfect!!

Bromeliad September 3, 2010 at 4:02 PM