More Pillow Talk

>> 8.05.2010

One of my favorite things about this blog is that I can come here to get real opinions about decisions I make in my house. You all tell me when you love a choice I make and when I'm being a tasteless bore (me? never!). I can trust you to give me real opinions and I love that.  So, when most of you said, "eh" to my new pillows on Tuesday, I knew I needed to keep looking.

I saw it as fate when I was contacted by CSN stores to do another review... you know, the online resource for pretty much everything from dining room furniture to space heaters to duffel bags. With thousands upon thousands of items to choose from, how can I not find an amazing and chic pillow to add a bit of excitement to my space?!

I'm thinking of adding something from the teal-turquoise-blue family into the mix:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

Which one(s) do you like for my space?

*All images taken from AllModern.com

k + b August 5, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I think if you mixed ones like F & G with a pattern, it would look awesome! Good luck!

LizzieBeth August 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Ok. LOVE the first one. It has a masculine feel with the colors and graphic pattern (for Nate), but still feels a little femme because it hints towards flowers. I also really like D.

Don't do G. That pattern is like the damask of 2007-- so over used now.

Mrs. Kat August 5, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Loving G - the chevron pattern!! That's my vote!

Mrs. Chic August 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM

YES!! Huge big ole yes :) I love A & C both would look great on the sofa or on your chair - they seem more you, :)

I also like D

Meredith Travels August 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Love love love these options so much more!!

I think stick with the brighter pillows (so avoid A, D, or G).

I think no matter what it will be great!!

Life in Rehab August 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Oh, baby, I am alllllllllllll about A, B and E. Those would have a place on my sofa in a heartbeat. You know I'm having a sordid affair with aqua right now.

Carly August 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Oh, I love these options so much more! When I was looking at the pictures of your couch, I was thinking a blue or teal would be gorgeous.

I definitely think sticking with the brighter blues is your best shot. While pillow A is very pretty, I think it wouldn't be enough of a pop of color. I love pillow C (I've thought about getting it in yellow), E, and F.

Can't wait to see what you choose! xo

Danielle and Clint August 5, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Love A! The pattern and color is amazing! But, coming from a two dog home, I know that sucker would get dirty in a minute! There wasn't really one that I disliked in your picking. I would just pick one that has a less white and more pattern to not show the doggie dirt.

Amanda August 5, 2010 at 2:39 PM

1- G, 2- A, 3- F. The rest are close runners up.

Melinda KE,  August 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I think it would look great if you mixed the chevron pattern with some solid pillows that have a nice texture.

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d August 5, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I LOVE A, C, and G. A is really unique, so I would go with that, or a combo of all three. I have been loving Chevron lately, so I am a little biased.

Alexis L., The Studioist August 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM

G appeals to me but thanks to overexposure, it's going to date your room. B is my favorite because it seem special and almost custom; D is my least. A is lovely but again, it's a motif I feel like I have seen everywhere; it's like Marimekko knock-off.

Kim at Yellow Brick Home August 5, 2010 at 11:21 PM

C, F, G!

Going through these comments, I feel a little outnumbered on the C and F (meaning that maybe no more than 1 other has suggested it). Maybe I'm just more of a graphic-print person? No, I know I am.

All these choices are great, really, but it seems to me you need a little more cleaned-lined, "poppy" pieces as opposed to floral.

KellyMichelle August 6, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Love E! or a but maybe not with the tan couch. all lovely choices but I think you need to go bold/dramatic

Yvette August 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM

A and G might look pretty good together. Mix up the patterns a bit. Love the colors though!

Kate@TwentySixToLife August 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM

I like them all too, but I think I would try to go with one of the brighter blues to really punch up the color!

Dani,  August 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Hey - Never post but read often! [Thanks for all your entertaining writing :)]

I think mixing sizes is best, and recommend including 1 or 2 larger (20"+) pillows as well. My vote is for B&G - the varying shapes are fun!

And... I like this one in the octopus print to add some funk.

Ok, I really just want it for myself. But I do think it would be nice to see something quirky and personal in your living room - maybe something related to your hobbies.

Meg August 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I am in love with A and G! Which did you pick? Can't wait to find out!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog August 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM

@Meg~ No worries, it will be blogged!