the next project

>> 8.20.2010

It's more than a little embarrassing to have guests use this ridiculously ugly half bathroom. My goal is to get the tiny purple monster taken care of before Labor Day.

Here's what I'm working with:

The to-do list:
  1. remove dated mirror
  2. remove texture from walls/ float
  3. replace light fixture and mirror
  4. update vanity
  5. paint walls/ ceiling
I've been avoiding this project for almost a year... it's time to take care of it!

Which projects have you been avoiding?

jacquelin Seybert August 20, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I've been avoiding our guest bathroom! We have the same light fixture, NO mirror and UGLY mustard yellow walls.

Kate@TwentySixToLife August 20, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I've been avoiding my bathrooms too. There's so much I'd like to do in there, but I just can't seem to get started. Your bathroom looks neat though with that high ceiling. Good luck!

Deborah August 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I have 6 new doors that need me to poly them. Yuck.

Right now I'm saying it's too humid for me to do it now. Ha!

Our Humble A{Bowe}d August 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM

We HAVE TO (when I say HAVE TO, I mean I WANT TO) paint our interior doors upstairs. But, neither of us wants to actually to it...

ourhumbleabowed.wordpress.com

Mrs. Chic August 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Good question! I've been avoiding cleaning out our third bedroom that been doubling as a storage unit!

Carole August 20, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I'm sneaking in and out of the laundry room as fast as I can, to avoid the fact that it's full of junk and needs a serious reorg/painting/cleaning....

look forward to seeing what you do with those textured walls!

craftosaurus August 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Updating the bathroom? Check.

Making the kitchen less ugly until we can really tackle it? Check.

Decluttering throughout? Check.

Tran August 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I'm slacking on my master bath remodel. The motivation just isn't there when you have another bathroom to use.

I have the same mirror in my master bath. I'm really curious how you're going to safely remove your mirror. Is it held up with little anchors screwed in the wall or is it all glued on? I couldn't tell from the the pics. And are you planning on saving them?

Amanda August 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I've been avoiding the storage unit aka the front bedroom!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog August 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM

@Tran~ That's the exact reason why I haven't bothered with this one- my master is in great shape!

The master bathroom actually had the same mirror set up and all we needed was a couple of tugs with a crowbar to loosen it. I guess that's the nice thing about a mirror being held up with tar!

I do plan to keep this mirror, but I'm not quite sure how I'll use it yet. I'll be sure to blog about it when I figure it out :).

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards August 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM

You can totally do it! I'm looking forward to seeing it, too. It will be great.

I used to have that same color purple in my childhood room. In case you were interested. ;)

Lauren August 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

We have a horrific half bath in the basement that we keep putting off. We will have to remove wallpaper plus a ton of other things. We just shut the door and pretend it's not there...

Anonymous,  August 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I would like to exchange links with your site www.thriftylittleblog.com
Is this possible?

Cathy,  August 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM

That looks almost exactly like our half bath! Same light fixture, same vanity top, similar walls (ours are PINK). Our 'textured' walls are textured only because someone did a terrible job of removing the wallpaper and painted right over it. Ugh! Luckily the granite gets installed next week which will set off a chain reaction of updates :)

Mel August 23, 2010 at 11:22 AM

We are getting ready to remodel our master bath. We've been avoiding it because I know I have to make wise decisions...it's not paint, I can't just change it if I decide I don't love it. Sigh...

Anonymous,  August 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Clearing/organizing the extra room downstairs...

maybe this weekend?!?