Pillow

>> 8.18.2010

My new CSN pillow arrived this week. Which one did I go with?

It's the Unison Static pillow in "Reef."

There were plenty of great choices so I had to come up with a super scientific way of deciding which pillow to go with. After reading the comments on the pillow post, I made a tally mark for each vote and an x for each anti-vote. The two pillows with the most votes also had the most anti-votes so I just went with the pillow with the most votes and zero anti-votes.

Lucky for me, the pillow took less than a week to get here once I decided which one to go with (have I mentioned how impatient I am?). The cover and filling seem to be really great quality... good enough that Hugo guards the goose feather filled pillow from CC like it's his supper!

I like the way that it contrasts with the feel of the floral Tonic Living fabric while relating to the colors in the pattern.

The blue pillow isn't the only newcomer; we picked up yet another pillow at the Crate & Barrel outlet this past weekend:
I really like the colors and the image on the pillow, but I'm not quite sure if it works with the other patterns going on in the room. Nate LOVES it so I'm going to see if I can make it work somewhere.

Thoughts?

Kim at Yellow Brick Home August 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Keep it! Love the combo. The more pattern, the better, especially since your couch is the perfect neutral. Really.

Carly @ Honey and the Moon August 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Keep all three pillows together! I love that they aren't too much, but they all stick with the same color scheme.

Love the bright yellows and blues on the couch!

xo

Meredith Travels August 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Looks great!! I think it's definitely the big pop of color you need!

Amanda August 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM

This one wasn't my vote, but now I'm loving it! It goes great with the other one.

Amanda @ Tall Glass of Water August 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I love the house pillow! It's nice to break up the usual types of pattern with a little something funky and unexpected :)

Kate@TwentySixToLife August 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I love your democratic way of choosing pillows :)

I really like all the pillows, but Kasey, if you decide to start moving them around be careful! Hugo looks like he means business ...

Mrs. Chic August 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM

The pillows look great together! I just love the colors

Julialifeisart August 18, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Love that pillow! (And can I say that I also love that you don't do the perfectly-centered karate chop to the tops of your pillows before you photograph. I hate that!)

Hillary @ The Sweet Maple Life August 18, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Those pillows were all made for each other- seriously! Looks great!!!

Bri @Meyouandawienerdog August 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I agree colors are great together!

Anonymous,  August 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM

This isn't about your pillow, but have you used groupon.com?

They offer daily deals, specified for your location.

In Seattle - they just had a Gap one...buy $50 worth for $25...& I know you like the Gap, so I thought you might be interested.

I've used Groupon several times now (a bakery in town, concert tickets, delicious planet organic delivery) & they are always quite the deal.

Livinia

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog August 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM

@Livina~ How funny! I JUST wrote an entire post with the answer to your question (as you were writing it). So, yes, I'm loving Groupon and took special notice of today's deal!

Anonymous,  August 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM

So funny - looking forward to what others have to say about it (w/your new post).

I just happened upon Groupon one day when visiting someone's site & they mentioned it. I'd never heard of it, but checked it out and found the daily deal was from this fabulous bakery/coffee place so I tried it out.

Love your site!

Livinia

Bromeliad September 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Looks awesome. Love the color combination.