Another Bedroom Update

>> 9.17.2010

As I watched my new favorite show (aka The Nate Berkus Show) this week, I realized that I've forgotten to show you the new bedding I bought from his HSN line...

I vote that it is a big improvement over the old, boring brown:

and I LOVE the way it looks next to the black bedside tables.

What would my blog be without a little decorating drama? I'm having issues with the Euro shams. I really think that the bedding needs an extra boost, but I can't seem to get the pillowcase right. First I bought a final clearance set that was too dark... and now I have a sorta cheapo looking gray set that I'm not thrilled about:
They probably look cheap because they are (IKEA GĂ„SPA $4.99). *sigh*

Thoughts on the shams? Should I go with my gut and spend the extra $ for a third try?

PS Is anyone going to see Nate next Tuesday? Dropping everything and flying out there at the last minute is just not happening here :(.

Mrs. Chic September 17, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I vote you get some nice white Euro Shams or a pretty ones with a pattern! Not going to see Nate, was invited and wouldn't be able to go -- I'll be celebrating my anniversary with my husband! :)

Danielle and Clint September 17, 2010 at 1:34 PM

These don't bother me too bad. I like that you threw in another color. LOVE the bed spread, though. I think it deserves a grand head board!

Kerry September 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I do like the idea of grey... I have a feeling the pictures don't capture the actual colour too well?

I will be going to see Nate (think you already know)... and it's turning out to be quite the expense... but hell, it'll be worth it! ;)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog September 17, 2010 at 1:52 PM

@Kerry~ Yeah, I took the pictures with weak morning light... the colors are all bit off.

Anonymous,  September 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I love the bedding. I agree with Mrs. Chic - either white shams, something with a graphic print or texture.

Jill

Sara @ Russet Street Reno September 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Maybe splurge on a fun printed set with the blue color in it?

Alexis L., The Studioist September 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I'd say spend a little more. Sometimes the quality is worth a bit extra cost, especially to tie together the bedding you have now.

Kim at Yellow Brick Home September 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM

It seems to me you could spend a tiny bit of dough on some fun throw pillows! A bolster would be cute, or 2 down-filled bargains from HomeGoods could add that extra spunk you're looking for!

What am I missing here about the Nate show on Tuesday? My heart is racing because I'm confused! (I have been taping his show every day. LOVE.)

Anonymous,  September 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I think you need some pattern in there so I'd go with a printed sham with blue in it. Get a bed skirt too while you're at it and paint your bed black to match the side tables. Get some botanical prints to put behind your bed in a row.

Anonymous,  September 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM

take the pillow out and sew around the edge a couple of inches in, making a flange on it. Good colors never make up for floppy looks. Add the piece de resistance pillow later when you find something you love.

Anonymous,  September 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Great read! I want you to follow up to this topic!!