A Friday Funny

>> 9.03.2010

Have a bad week? Stressed out at work? Sad that this weekend is the unofficial end to summer (I am!)?

Well, I hope that showing you THE SINGLE WORST HAIRCUT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND will maybe bring a little light into your Friday afternoon ;).

BEFORE I show you how Great Clips butchered Nate's hair, let's check out what he once looked like (two weeks ago):

Okay, now for the AFTER:
Um, I guess the stylist was going for the new "uneven sides and super textured back" look...

...and the "not cutting the bangs, but cutting the top reaaally short" look.

What, Nate? You wanted her to trim the sideburns?
Don't you know that long sides are so totally in right now?!

Warning: this next image is not for the faint of heart...
An unnatural BALD SPOT... I'm pretty darn sure that he didn't wake up with that sucker!

Yeesh!

Have you ever had a bad haircut or dye job before? Was it an expensive mistake or an "$8.99- too good to be true" special?

PS Don't worry, it's mostly fixed. It's just hair; he'll live.
PPS Yes, I do plan on going back to Great Clips. I never do more than a trim and most of the hair stylists are perfectly fine.

Amanda @ Tall Glass of Water September 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Haha! Was the person cutting his hair new? Or blind? So funny! (Sorry Nate!)

Flavia @ Estilo Home September 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Wow, that's insane, haha! Hope they fix it ok.
I had one awful haircut experience and that was the one and only time I let my mom touch my hair with a pair of scissors, when I was 13! (She was trying to create face-framing layers, and let's just say I wore my hair up for about 2 months...)

Kate@TwentySixToLife September 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM

haha! I really am having a rough week so thanks for the laugh - even if it is at Nate's expense ;) At least it'll grow out!

The Brick Cottage September 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I hope he demanded a refund! I'm glad that you all were able to stay so good humored about it. I don't go to any of the cheap places after I had an incident involving the "stylist" throwing the brush on the ground after unsuccessfully trying to dry my hair (I think she only tried for about 2 minutes before giving up). I prefer to spend more per hair cut and go fewer times a year (my hair is thick and requires layers and a lot of thinning, which can be disastrous if not done properly).

dolores @ Welcome to My Humble Ablog September 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Oh dear! Did he end up paying for that terrible cut?! If I were Nate, I would have cried in the cutting chair. For reals.

Have you ever thought about buying a top-of-the-line hair clipper and just cutting Nate's hair at home?

Not sure if I said this before, but Nate has nice teeth. :)

Happy labor weekend!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog September 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

@Amanda~ She was going quickly so that she could get off of work.

...And yes, he paid for it! He's too much of a sweetheart to ask them for a refund or to make any changes :(.

Danielle and Clint September 3, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I have very thick, curly hair. So I thought I would save some dough and go to a Great Clips sort of place. The woman took about 3 inches off, which I didn't ask for, and didn't even wash my hair! She just used a spray bottle to wet it! I went home with very frizzy, short hair. The expensive hair cut is more worth it to me.

Mrs. Chic September 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I'm a control freak when it comes to getting my hair cut! Like Nate I've had some 'Super Scissor Happy Stylists' before, so not fun.....Maybe shave it all off?

Life in Rehab September 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I cut the hair around here...and I think I'll continue to. wow. Just wow. Poor Nate!

Bromeliad September 3, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Nate is such a good sport.

Elisa @ What the Vita September 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Haha! This is why I cut my husband's hair. I'm not paying one cent for someone to cut his beautiful head of curly hair badly! :) After a bad haircut that cost $20 and not nearly enough hair cut off, I told him I would just try doing it myself and I am surprisingly good at it, so I've been doing it ever since. That reminds me - he badly needs a haircut right now...

Kim,  September 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I tried Great Clips once before and it was awful! My bangs were lopsided and I had this quasi-mullet thing happening... they just suck. Sorry to see Nate's weed-whacker experience.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia September 6, 2010 at 2:17 PM

ok, she hated him. Geez.
I only had one TERRIBLY haircut and it was when I was little. My mother request my hair to be cut boy style short...and I was missing 2 front teeth. No wonder I hate the mom-ster.
But the hubs has gotten really bad ones. Once he looked liked he had some terrible disease.

Jackie Seybert September 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM

2 weeks ago I decided I was done with my fancy hair salon ($85 bucks for a trim!). I went to SuperCuts and hoped for the best... your blog post were my worst fears, but thankfully my haircut came out just fine... did I mention $20 with tip?!

Jamie Lee September 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM

This is why I cut my fiance's hair! It's nice of him not to ask for a refund. I'm sure he'll have better luck next time.

DogsMom September 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I would go back and say if you don't refund the money I'll sit here and tell people how you butchered my hair! And I expect a few free trims to ensure I am satisifed.

He's still a good lookin' guy.