Resolution Update

>> 9.22.2010

The good news: Out of the four resolutions I came up with for 2010, I've knocked out three of them.
The not-so-good: I've only held 4/10 of the parties for my Ten Party Project... with three months remaining.
I could blame having an unfinished kitchen, living room, or guest bathroom, or the energy/ time-sucker that is the Ironman 70.3... but I'm not going to. I'm also not giving up on my party goal!

I am giving up on hosting blog-worthy parties. If I host it then come up with time to take pictures... and they're good... I'll be happy to share.

I served store-bought bruschetta, Nate made a delicious salad, and created homemade pesto for the Costco tortellini... but this is the picture I have of our last dinner party. Oh, and might I mention that we fed six for around $35? *Sigh* Maybe I'll have my act together to share more detail-filled occasions next year?

How are you doing on your resolutions?

Do you ever hate the fact that you've told everyone what you plan to do... and consequently have to follow through...?

Amanda September 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Why yes, yes I do hate that. However, I kind of just ignore the fact that I already told people and go ahead at my own pace anyway.

I've never seen this angle of your house before... I really like how open it is! I'm really digging how you can see the fireplace from the kitchen.

Good luck with the parties!

emily @ the happy home September 22, 2010 at 12:18 PM

six for $35?? that's a complete success!!

Audreya September 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Well, I wasn't going to set any resolutions and then you dangled Project 365 in front of me. :-) Anyway, I gave up on posting my pics but I've done pretty well at actually taking a picture every day. Not perfect, but I'd say I've only missed a handful or two of days. Considering how far we are into the year, I'm happy with that.

Danielle and Clint September 22, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Actually I am pretty pleased with how I am doing on my resolutions! But I know I wont be completing all of them...mainly because of money.

You know, I don't think I have ever seen the view from your kitchen of your home. LOVE the open concept and feel of the space! It reminds me of a downtown loft.

Kate@TwentySixToLife September 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

They aren't really "resolutions" (at least not the yearly kind) but I've recently realized that I've gotten WAY behind on my 101 list. It's definitely time for me to pick up the pace!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty September 22, 2010 at 6:59 PM

That's why I am a no resolution type of girl. I am impressed that it is September and you are still committed to yours. And doubly impressed that you had a dinner party for that little of money!

Lydia September 22, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I just did my own 6 month check in on my goals for the year which I didn't make up until mid-March (so I'm on a bit of an off-year cycle!). I made 36.5 in 365 and am overall doing pretty well though there are the unexpected hiccups that get in the way. I do have to say that writing it in a blog post has helped motivate me to get things done!

10 parties was indeed ambitious, I think the idea of not having all of them be big blow outs and counting smaller, impromptu get togethers is completely fine and sometimes more fun!

BrocanteHome September 23, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Oh I think I abandoned mine on January 3rd... but I absolutely love the 10 parties idea...

Life in Rehab September 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM

If I let unfulfilled blogging promises weigh me down, I'd never log in. Sometimes, you have to realize when your toilet turns into a fountain that your priorities shift and the beef wellington will have to wait.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards September 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I think the fact that you did it for $35 is blogworthy in itself. I always tend to spend far too much.

savvy_homegirl October 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Hahaha I totally share your guilt. Now the whole world (aka the people that read my blog) know I'm a procrastinator and WAY TOO BUSY to be tackling big home reno projects.