Hold the Gold?

>> 11.11.2010

When I first brought these gold frames back from the hotel discount store I promised Nate that they would eventually go black...

...but I'm going to be honest, once I replaced the pictures, I decided that I was kinda liking the aged gold look:

I mean, the lamps and handles on the furniture already have a bronze finish...
*Don't worry, I didn't toss the blue bedding. It's in the wash right now because SOMEBODY Hugo just had to pee on it. TMI? Sorry, just keeping it real.

(A reminder of where I'm going...)

So, do I have to paint over the gold or does it work with the black and white?

Jamie Lee November 11, 2010 at 9:39 AM

You don't have to do anything! I think painting the frames black would make them look more polished, but the gold gives things a bit more of an eclectic feel.

Kim @ EF eDesigns November 11, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I think I'd re-evaluate once you have everything else pulled together...but I think the gold has a pretty good shot of working as is!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses November 11, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I don't know about it's addition to the rest of the finished space, but I agree that the gold is working with those photos.

I like.

Kelly

Kate November 11, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I also like the gold, but I think it clashes a bit with the color of your bed...

Amanda November 11, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Keep the gold! I'm loving gold right now. A while back when I painted some of my frames, I really tried to save the gold around the edges (I failed).

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog November 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM

@Kate~ Yes, the bed and I have some issues. I've had the furniture forever, but I'm not sure if I want to change the wood... it'll probably be the last thing I think about!

RJ @ A Life Designed November 11, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I like the gold! It's definitely a nice change from black, but like Kate mentioned not sure about it with the light wood bed. Looks great with the rest of the decor though!

LizzieBeth November 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM

this is the same room with the black and gold side tables, right? IF so, I say go gold!!

Babs November 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I think the gold works, but black would be more dramatic for the photos.

The Brick Cottage November 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM

If you're liking them in gold right now, keep them gold. You can always paint later. I do like how the b&w prints look with the gold frame.

Carly @ Honey and the Moon November 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I really like how to gold looks with black and white prints, and I think it could really work with everything in the room...but I'm not sure about the headboard, like everyone else said.

But honestly when I first looked at the picture, I didn't even notice the headboard. So, who knows, it might work! I've seen plenty of things in design magazines that I never would have thought about and they are gorgeous!

x

Jenny @ Anything Pretty November 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I think the gold gives it a more eclectic and "collected over time" feeling. And if you like it....keep it! You can always paint them later to change things up again.

I bought a gold mirror for our bedroom with every intention of taking spray paint to it. But once it got hung, I was sort if drawn to the goldiness. So it has stayed that way...for now at least.

Jeannine @ Small and Chic November 11, 2010 at 8:35 PM

A year ago, I would have pushed for black. However, I've seen so many gold tone item in rooms in the last year that it's really grown on me. I think the frames look fantastic as is.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno November 11, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I agree that the gold doesn't look good against the bed, but I assume they won't be touching when hung? So I say keep it as is!

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner November 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM

If they were plain gold, I probably wouldn't be a fan, but I think the "aged" look makes them much more interesting! And I agree with previous comments, you can always paint them later on if you decide the gold's not working.

Anonymous,  November 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Rhonda November 13, 2010 at 8:35 AM

I absolutely love the gold!

Jamie November 14, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I have never been much for gold frams, but I do agree that they look great with the lamps.
I'm your newest follower from the picket fence. Stop by when you can http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Livinia Redlips November 15, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I like the gold frames...I would paint your bed GOLD too (or black).

CupCake Girl November 16, 2010 at 11:29 AM

You don't have to paint them they already look great with the lamp!

Susan Amestoy November 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Hi,
I am writing a book called "So...How Did You Meet Anyway?" It is a collection of people's "how we met" stories.
I have posted the stories which have been sent in on;
So...How Did You Meet Anyway?
I am always shopping for stories and I would like to add yours. Please check out the site, and if you would like to contribute your "how we met" story contact me at;
susan.amestoy@gmail.com
(I like the gold frames:)
Congratulations!
Susan

Lauren November 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

hahah! Sorry I am still laughing about the pee comment.. gotta love living with dogs. Banner ripped a whole in our comforter.. Anyways.. I like the gold frames!

Anonymous,  November 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM

hi!This was a really terrific subject!
I come from milan, I was fortunate to approach your topic in bing
Also I obtain a lot in your Topics really thanks very much i will come daily