Much Better*

>> 11.30.2010

*I started to write "Much Bedder" as the title of this post... but then chickened out after imagining the anonymous comments that would follow my poor spelling skills.

So, as you might have guessed by now, the big Craigslist reunion that I teased about last week resulted in a brand new (used) bed!

We'll save the fresh, unwrinkled bedding for the real bedroom after shot :).

(old bed)

I had been on the lookout for a new bed for the past couple of months, but couldn't find anything that fit our needs within my price range. Needs= no footboard (have I mentioned that Nate is 6'3?), good quality, and more in the style of the bedroom. I wanted to spend around $250, but that wasn't happening and I finally caved when I saw this solid wood sleigh bed. It ended up costing us about $370 ($350 for bed frame and $20 to rent a truck from Home Depot), which still follows my rule of paying no more than 50% of the retail price. Nate can't stop talking about how much he loves it and I'm happy so we'll call this a win-win.

I've decided to stick with the gold frames...
do you think the pictures should still go above the bed or do they work above the side tables?

Amanda @ Heart Tree Home November 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I like the frames there, it's very Domino - but, I think there is too much empty space above the bed! Great find, btw.

Kate@TwentySixToLife November 30, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Great find! It looks like it's in really good shape too, what a steal.

I really like the pictures, but I think they might be too small on their own over the bed. I actually like how they look now with them leaning against the wall, tres chic. ;) Or do you have two more? Four across the top would be more substantial than two.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog November 30, 2010 at 12:18 PM

It's crazy how certain things show up in pictures- the frames are actually pretty decently sized and the bed is really tall. I was actually worried about the frames being too much above such a giant headboard.

Danielle and Clint November 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

O wow!!! That is exactly what the dr. ordered there! I actually think the pictures are perfect where they are!!

LizzieBeth November 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I have the same issue with JEGs-- at a towering 6'4, we cannot have a bed with a footboard!

Great find, I think it looks great!

Carly @ Honey and the Moon November 30, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I really like them on the side tables, but I definitely think you need something over the bed.

Great find!

The Brick Cottage November 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Nice bed! We are strictly a no foot board family (both hubs and I are tall) and I actually thinks beds look better without them. And for the frames, I love them paired with your nightstands.

Jeannine @ Small and Chic November 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I love the new bed! It looks fantastic!

I sort of like how the art is right now, but I think something needs to be over the bed.

Mrs. Chic November 30, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Its coming together very nice! I like the new bed -- I'm leaning towards the pics above the bed but the headboard looks high....hmm

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner November 30, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Nice! Can't wait to see it with your new bedding. I think I like the frames above the headboard. They seem blocked by the lamps on the nightstands. It looks like there would be enough space up there for them.

RJ @ A Life Designed November 30, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Wow, what a great find, it's a beautiful headboard! And I vote for pictures above the bed.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards November 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Looks great. We went to a no-footboard model, too. So much better.

Lauren December 1, 2010 at 12:05 AM

The new bed looks awesome! I think you do need something over the bed but I'm afraid the pictures might be too small. Try it! :)

Anonymous,  December 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Wow, indeed cool article. Where will I get this subscription?

Mary Smith
ny escorts

Anonymous,  December 1, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Спасибо понравилось !

Amanda- Hip House Girl December 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Beautiful. I think you should put the frames above the bed.

Livinia Redlips December 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Nice bed!

I'd put the pictures above the bed.