One year Later

>> 12.15.2010

On December 14, 2009 I was busy pouting over the sad state of my house. I had barely gotten over removing the popcorn texture from the ceilings before Nate (then boyfriend) moved in with his giant mess-o-stuff. It's crazy how much can change in one year!

I snapped this picture last night, December 14, 2010. Can you spot the differences* between the two rooms?

*In the last year, I've made quite a few changes to the pictured space:
-Added in the kitchen backsplash as well as revealed the finished kitchen.
-Replaced and moved the light fixture in the dining room (CSN) as well as the living room (Craigslist).
-Bought a new blue chair from World Market.
-Put plates on the light switches.
-Bought/ stained/ painted/ recovered a Craigslist dining table and chairs.
-Bought/ stained a Craigslist entry cabinet.
-Bought a couple of Craigslist rugs and two X-benches (2010= year of the Craigslist finds).

Of course, we did a few projects in the bedroom and in the yard. Oh, and I can't forget that I also got a new puppy, did my first marathon, half-Ironman, and got engaged. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 365 days!!

Jeannine @ Small and Chic December 15, 2010 at 10:14 AM

The change is amazing! Seriously, I'm in awe.

BTW, we saw a house with popcorn ceilings a few weeks ago and the person showing us around made a point about how the ceiling in one part of the house was new. All I could think of was the pictures from when you removed the popcorn from your place. I was not enthused, but it wasn't a deal breaker. :)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM

@Jeannine~ I will absolutely buy another house with popcorn ceilings (and remove them before moving in), but I will make sure to require an asbestos test with the inspection. Now, dealing with that would be a nightmare!

Julie,  December 15, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I love this view! It's not one we often see on your blog and it helps visual people like me put things in better perspective.

Oh, and nice work on all the changes, too. :-)

Carly @ Honey and the Moon December 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM

You're right -- BIG changes! It looks fantastic. We all knew you could do it!

x

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards December 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Beautiful. I love this room - the light fixture and fireplace are my favorites. What a difference!

Thank you for the kind words about my dad. It's appreciated. We're just waiting to see him now.

Kate@TwentySixToLife December 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Great changes Kasey. You've worked really hard and it shows!

Trish December 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Hey! I just found your blog and wanted to pop in to say hello!

Trish @ enjoythislifeofours.blogspot.com

Jess December 16, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Looks fantastic! I'm feeling the way you did last year... my home is a disaster. I can only take comfort in knowing our renovation will be done soon! At least the messiest parts...

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner December 16, 2010 at 9:34 PM

What a big difference! You have been a very busy blogger! It's been fun keeping up with everything you've been doing this past year -- house-related or not!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno December 16, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Changes? What changes?! HAHA!

Everything you've done looks so clean and crisp - I love it!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty January 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Wow....what a difference a year makes! You have been super busy and I can't wait to see what next year holds!