Entry Hall Before and Now

>> 2.03.2011

I realized this week that my entry hall had actually come a long way since buying my home 1.5 years ago... so why not give it a little spotlighting on the blog?

Here's where we are today:

Can you tell what work we've done since the before??

We removed the popcorn ceiling texture, painted the walls, painted the trim and door, swapped out the light fixture ($4.99 at IKEA!)...

...and added a coat rack (main coat closet is upstairs):

Oh, and I have to mention my spoiled dogs that you can see over by the couch:

With this weather, wouldn't you like to be them sleeping all day with their cozy nests?! The faux fur is actually a rug from IKEA and the blanket is a throw that Hugo stole from Nate.

I upgraded the big girl bowls from this:

to this:
I think I've lost count of the number of things I've painted black in this house so far. I know, I'm a bit out of control.

Don't your dog bowls match your kitchen cabinets?!

Kate@TwentySixToLife February 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM

That "Big Dog" shirt is just about the cutest thing ever. Love it.

Nice work on the entry way! It looks great :)

Mrs. Chic February 3, 2011 at 12:11 PM

lol!! Your dogs look so comfy :)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog February 3, 2011 at 12:17 PM

@Kate~ Hugo loves his shirts (I'm not kidding, I think he likes the warmth)! When I saw them on sale I bought every single phrase they had- "big dog in a little body," "napoleon complex," "ankle biter," and "too cool for obedience school."

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog February 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM

@Kate~ Marshall's in the fall. I also saw them at Tuesday Morning in December.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards February 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM

hehe... my raised dog bowls are white. Love it. Everything looks great and I just love your kitchen.

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner February 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM

It looks so great! I really like the wall color.

Those lucky dogs! :)

nancy @ {COZAMIA} February 4, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Great work, kitchen looks fab, i love the matching dog bowls and your pooches are just too cute for words!

Tovah February 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM

It looks great and has totally come a long way. However I'm just wondering if you are going to add a pop of color somewhere? Something like that cute little dog print in yellow with the pink heart that you showcased back in December? I think it could really make the space. Or does the hallway open into a colorful room? I don't think you've posted an update of your living room recently.

Jenna Scott February 5, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I love your kitchen! And I'm a bit jealous of your matching dog bowl and the place for your dog bowl in general. My house has a lot of awkward wall space, making it really hard to put the dog bowl out of human way.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog February 6, 2011 at 8:14 AM

@Tovah~ I wouldn't say that the rest of my house is "colorful," but the kitchen does at least open up onto the dining and living areas- see picture #3.

@Jenna Scott~ Don't be jealous, we have to move it out of the way when company comes :).

Sara @ Russet Street Reno February 6, 2011 at 2:19 PM

It looks so nice. I would totally paint that bowl stand as well!

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d February 7, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Much better without the popcorn!!! I paint everything white, it is a sickness, but you're not alone!

Also, I gave you an award on my blog! Go here to accept: http://ourhumbleabowed.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/the-award-and-awarding/

Happy Monday!

Petunia February 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I think your entryway and kitchen are lovely! Good job.

Gaby February 7, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Your entry looks great!

My dog has that "big dog" shirt. I got it at Homegoods a few months back. It's so cute!

Heather @ REOlisticRenovation February 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM

The coat rack makes it so cute! Love it!

Heather @ REOlisticRenovation