I Put a Bird on It

>> 2.22.2011

Anyone else enjoy the holiday off yesterday? Poor Nate, he had to spend his day at work... leaving me unsupervised and in a funny mood. Well, it started off as a productive mood- after I spent time cleaning the house I thought it was time to finally add a little colorful art to the kitchen walls. I'm really bad at adding art because I can never decide on what to do. Thankfully, inspiration hit: we love this Portlandia clip so I thought it would be funny to surprise/ annoy him by adding a random colorful bird to the kitchen before he came home:

PS This project was totally free thanks to some art supplies I had stored in the garage.

PPS Even though that clip is making fun of them, I'm not against birds as decor so this baby will probably stick around (even after Nate tries to rip it off of the wall ;).

PPPS I need to give a great big shout-out to Amanda for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award a few weeks ago (sorry I'm late!). Check out her amazing blog: Our Humble A{Bowe}d

Liz February 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I love that clip, and love the orange bird despite the cliche!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog February 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM

@Brittany~ Nope, I'm from Austin- the Portland of Texas.

@Liz~ I love it even more because of the cliche ;).

LizzieBeth February 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM

haha, love the bird!

More importantly.. what does that little door to the left lead to? The one above the heating vent?

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain February 22, 2011 at 4:24 PM

hahaha--we're near Portland--hubby works there and we go often, so I knew what this was from just from the title of your post :)

Looks great!

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d February 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM

The bird is cute! I've been in a bird obsessed mood for a year now. And, thanks for the shout out! Love your blog and the ideas you have. :)

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner February 22, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I'm not big on the whole bird craze either, but I've gotta say it's actually quite cute! :)

Amanda- Hip House Girl February 23, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Tee hee put a bird on it! It's so true. Owls, other birds, jellyfish... I think pretty much every animal will have its day in the hipster/Etsy kingdom. Your bird is very cute though!

Kristina Strain February 23, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I love birds, too! Is that wall color Valspar Cliveden Gray Morning? We recently painted our dining room that color, and it looks familiar! If not, I love it anyway.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog February 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM

@Kristina~ It has been a while since I painted, but I think it's Behr's Dolphin Fin... thanks for loving it anyway :).

Jenny February 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Love the bird! Hope Nate does, too?

Nikki February 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I like the orange bird, it's a little unexpected.

Corie Drane March 8, 2011 at 5:55 AM

I would love to have that bird clip in my kitchen in New York! Yeah, most people find it a little common to have an art in the kitchen, but I think it's beautiful. I also did some cleaning in our house last week, and I had fun. I called a couple of gals for laundry services. Anyway, I love your kitchen! It's very elegant. Like one of those I saw in a commercial on TV.