Audible Gasp

>> 3.03.2011

When I walked through the home section at Marshalls and saw these boxes:

I didn't just stand there staring with a big grin on my face. For the first time that I can remember, I actually let out a big fat audible gasp right there in the store. They were almost exactly like the West Elm Lux boxes that I had been obsessing over a year ago:

I think that these were something like $89 full priced. I liked them so much that I almost paid $49 when they were on sale... but didn't and felt sad about it. BUT now I have the chance to get my hands on another shiny hinged box (for about 1/4 of the price).

I bought one on the spot:

...but then used it as part of my sister's birthday gift.
I just can't decide which  size/ color to get for myself (maybe I should get a few...).

Knowing me, I'll probably go black or white. Which box would you buy?

LizzieBeth March 3, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I love the green and the red.

I'm thinking the red would be a fun punch of color in my guest room as a place for guest to store their overnight jewelry.

35 more days till I move into this house, btw. And it's already decorated (hehe)

Jordan@the2seasons March 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Love all the boxes but I think I would go for the white. It just seems so fresh.

Alexis March 3, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Haha, My mother did the same when we saw these boxes two weeks ago at Marshall's.

I'd probably get the white one though I love the red.

In fact were the symbol on the red one the same as the ones on the white it would be red for sure (my living room could use the color). Ooh, maybe a black for the bath....

Loretta March 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM

They are all beautiful, but black or white is so classic. I found a green one in the resale for a whooping $2.95, I snatched it up quickly.

Jennifer March 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM

ohmygosh yes! i've been swooning over these for a few weeks now and I can't decide on color either!!! I'm starting to think red! or white! ahh maybe i'll suck it up and splurge on both!?

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Jeannine @ Small and Chic March 3, 2011 at 10:00 AM

The boxes without the hardware look just like the ones from Plantation Home that retail for $150-$300, depending on the size. What a find!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog March 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM

@Loretta~ Get out of here! That's amazing!!

@Jenn~ *shh... I'm thinking about getting both too :)

@Alexis~ I'm thinking the same thing, but with the square front.

I wish they would have just given me one choice and I would have been happy... and had an easier decision!

dolores @ Welcome to My Humble Ablog March 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Totally audible gasp indeed!

My eyebrows practically flew off my face when the pic loaded on my screen.

I'd probably go with a few white boxes. And even though we live in different states, I'm hoping my Marshall store is carrying these little darlings too!

-d

emily @ the happy home March 3, 2011 at 11:40 AM

those are GORGEOUS! i love the white. that's a great find!

Hilary @ My So-Called Home March 3, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I like the aqua box with the white around the edges, so lovely!

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d March 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM

LOVE those! Too bad we don't have a Marshalls, though I'm almost tempted to ask you to pick one up for me! I would get the Tiffnay blue ones. So pretty!!!

Carly {Honey and the Moon} March 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I like the Tiffany blue ones, but I'd probably go with black or white too..more versatile.

Heather March 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM

definately the blue at Marshalls...I think you and your readers might like my weekly "thrifty tips" feature over at
dhwilson.blogspot.com

k + b March 4, 2011 at 12:15 AM

i gasped when i saw the picture.
i hope my marshals has those!! i want teal. how much were they?

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog March 4, 2011 at 11:35 AM

@k+b~ I want to say between $16 and $32 (depending on size). Make sure to check TJMaxx- they usually carry the same items.

Loribeth March 6, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I was actually looking at those exact same boxes at TJMaxx three days ago!

Livinia Redlips March 8, 2011 at 6:05 PM

the tourquoise w/white edge

koosh @ candidkoosh March 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I walked around with the white med size box for awhile too I ended up putting it back I had way too much stuff in the cart but your making me want to go back and get one.

Carmie of the Single Nester March 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Ooh Ooh Ooh. I have to get some of these. I would buy 4 in each color that is how gorgeous they are!

Tobe | Because It's Awesome March 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM

this is mildly hilarious. i snagged a hideous chartreuse green/pink box at homegoods for $5 months ago and painted it with a glossy white paint, planning to visit a hardware shop for the adornment on the front (still haven't). all to imitate those beautiful west elm boxes. and then there they are in all of their glory, already done! grrrrrr.

GREAT FIND! mine would obviously be white :)