Flower Pot?

>> 3.30.2011

As I've mentioned before, one of my unnecessary monthly splurges is keeping fresh flowers in the house at all times. I usually go with long-lasting $4 bunches from the grocery store, but thanks to the new spring season, they're also selling super cheap potted plants. I figured the potted versions would cut our budget in half and stick around longer so we've been buying them every few weeks. The only problem is that I've always been more of a cut flower person and don't really have any good indoor pots.

Nate, being the helpful guy that he is, threw out a free solution to my problem:
 "You could just put the flowers in one of your glass jars. That would be a really hipster thing to do."

Someone was getting upset at the number of Hugo posts lately and wouldn't get out of frame.

I had to laugh because:

1. Mr. "I Don't Really Care" was giving me decorating advice.

and

2. Apparently the style we're going for is "hipster?"

McLaura March 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM

What a great solution! It looks fabulous.

carrie @ brick city love March 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Ha! I think the glass pot is a great idea. Hipster or not. Maybe it'll grow so big you start seeing the roots. Like those little worm observatories.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards March 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Define hipster. ;)

I love the potted plants, too. I've been eyeing the tulips.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog March 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM

@Kim~ You'll have to ask Nate about that one. Apparently glass pots?

We got tulips a few weeks ago... they were amazing.

The Spanish Charmer Blog March 30, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Thank you for the link to our less-than-two-week-old blog! I just updated ours back to here! Thanks again!!!! - jerry & dana from The Spanish Charmer blog

KT @ KT's Refinishing School March 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hipster or not, your place looks great :)

LizzieBeth March 31, 2011 at 3:52 PM

teach me the ways of your wonder. I purchase tulips and they were dead within the week.

I have a black thumb.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 1, 2011 at 10:23 AM

@LizzieBeth~ Ha, I have no clue- water and sunlight? Also, I make sure to buy the ones that aren't quite blooming yet so that they'll last longer.

Laura April 3, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Really like this solution, and of curse, the flowers are beautful. It is possible to have the name of these flowers ? Thank youu :)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM

@Laura~ Those are hyacinths. They have a really nice smell too!