Guest Room/ Office Progress

>> 3.11.2011

I wouldn't call this a ton of progress (look here if you want a ton of house progress!), but it's something. After scraping off the popcorn and painting the ceiling, we've put a little new paint on the walls- by little, I mean, we aren't finished with the trim around the ceiling, base boards and three doors (three!):

The paint color is Plantation Moss by Olympic. Nate wanted green and I wanted grey so we naturally settled on a green-grey. Here's another angle with different lighting:

And for a little preview of what's to come:
The new room should include: my $120 Craigslist Parsons Desk,  my new $16.99 Marshall's white box (the decision was made for me once I tried to find a chip-free box), Olympic's Plantation Moss paint, and something made out of this $2 thrift store curtain panel.

I'm trying to decide on some more accent colors for the room and leaning towards maybe a muted pink, dark maroon, or a teal... tell me, what's missing?

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards March 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I really like the color you chose and I'M LOVING the curtain panel. What a score!

threeacres March 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM

That color is goregous! What are you going to do with the curtain panel? It matches the room perfectly.

I think a yellow accent color would be fun. Of the colors you suggested though I think the maroon or pink are my favorites.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog March 11, 2011 at 1:00 PM

@threeacres~ I'll probably either make pillows or recover a chair with it. I guess I'm lucky that it matches so well considering I found it in my garage after buying it over a year ago :).

Natalie March 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I like teal:

But yellow would be cool too:

Actually, the second seems like its probably more your style.

Lauren B.,  March 11, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Kasey-Just thinking...what about a nice cranberry red? That perfect not too orange, not too pink cranberry red? Great blog! Keep up the good work! :)
Lauren

Sara @ Russet Street Reno March 12, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Love that color. All your accent choices would work well.

Mindy,  March 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I love your blog! I actually have those same curtain panels in my bedroom now and they are great. You could use it to make an upholstered headboard for guest bed, and/or recover lamp shades too. Love the color scheme...think pops of pink would work well:)