Even More Progress

>> 4.26.2011

I'm sad to say that I just might deserve the Lazy Blogger Award about now. I've had my  guest bathroom livable for over two weeks and I haven't even shown you the progress!

I might have shied away from showing the updates because: 1. this room is hard to take good pictures of! 2. there's a lot left to do including painting and rehanging the cabinets, adding framed art, and making some much needed touch-ups...

Still, I wish I could accurately photograph the walls; they're a really calming light green color (I swear!).

Either way, I'm loving the smooth texture and more modern light fixture/ mirror combo compared to the mess we were living with before:

While we're here talking about progress, I can't avoid sharing a picture of the yard from last night:

I'm amazed at how well the sod grew back in after Nate's love and care over the past few months!

1,000,000 years ago I blogged about wanting to turn my weedy mess into a backyard oasis and I think we've actually gotten most of the way there!

I'll keep you updated as we add a little more color and those screens I was talking about.

Comeca Jones April 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I love your little sitting area its perfect for your yard.Did you reuse the pots and ad them anyplace?

craftosaurus April 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Both the bathroom and the yard look fantastic! Nice work!

Heather April 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Oh my gosh, that tree in your yard is amazing. I would live out there. :)

And the bathroom looks great!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM

@Comeca Jones~ We're just not beginning to plant flowers and other add other extra plants, but I do have all of the pots in my garage and plan on using them!

Mrs. Chic April 26, 2011 at 12:39 PM

the bathroom has come along way -- no worries about not posting often, chica your planning a wedding! :)

Elisa @ What the Vita April 26, 2011 at 1:10 PM

The bathroom looks fresh and calming and the backyard looks GREAT! We definitely have to water our grass some more to get it looking like yours.

Jenna Scott April 26, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Your yard looks amazing! How the heck did you get your grass that green? Any tips you can give? I can't seem to get my grass green again. My neighbors all have brought theirs back to life, mine just wont give in to green!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM

@Jenna Scott~ Thanks! Well, we installed sod in October so that gave us a head start. Other than that, Nate has been watering it a couple times a week. Ours was looking a little sad for a while so we just started watering more often.

frugalapolis April 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM

The yard looks fantastic! The sod has really taken and the trees give you privacy. I wish my back yard would grow grass - all we have is sand and weeds. I'm jealous. Enjoy it while you can.

Booker's Mom April 26, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I love love love the mirror in your bathroom! and your backyard looks amazing!!

Meg April 27, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Girl, I hear you! I've come close to pressing the 'erase blog' button several times but love the motivation that comes from blogging and the amazing advice given from the blogging community.
And for you, wedding planning is already practically a full time job! I can't even imagine!

Love the calm tones of the bathroom, mirror frame and new light fixture! Your yard is looking fantastic as well!

Natalie April 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Both look amazing. I'm super curious to see a budget breakdown of the yard.

Kasey April 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog April 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM

@Natalie~ Maybe I'll do a "mostly finished" budget breakdown soon. Roughly, the work we've done so far has been in the $1,500 range- the sod was $400ish, the granite and sand was $350ish, and the path liners were another $300ish. Then, of course, there were the tool rentals and misc costs that are still adding up.

plumbing supplies May 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Nice yard. I do love this post. I am glad that I run into your blog.