Starting the Stacking

>> 4.01.2011

Remember when I began hoarding Lowe's gift cards in March? I got 10% back by using the tax refund promotion and 20% back by using a grocery store coupon. Of course, I wouldn't have bought the cards if it meant that I wouldn't have been able to save even more by stacking the savings with additional coupons.

Luckily, I didn't have to wait long for one to pop into my inbox (I'm signed up for Lowe's emails):

We really needed a new faucet for our bathroom so this coupon was perfect!

And you better believe that I'll be using their latest online coupon (get it here) for some exciting things this weekend...

...when I say exciting, I probably mean more paint and toilet seats ;).

Thrifty Little Tip: Try as hard as you can to hit that $50 minimum exactly. Remember, most coupons are really just tricks to get you in to spend more than you normally would.

chacha April 1, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Thanks for posting the link! I'm going to use it this weekend. I have master bath related purchases that I can space out in $50 increments (I have another Discover Card $10 off $50 at Lowes that expires in a month).

sweet little house of mine April 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Great, thanks for the link! I'll be using the coupon this weekend.

Kate@TwentySixToLife April 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Nice! I wish I shopped at Lowe's more... I'm a Home Depot girl :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards April 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Great deal! I just got the $10 project starter, too. We have lots of stuff to get so I'll have no problem using it.

LizzieBeth April 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM

argh... why could that latest coupon be for two weeks from now?? I'm not ready to pick my paint colors for the house yet!

thespanishcharmer April 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Thanks!!!...gonna use this weekend to buy more supplies!

sensiblelessons.com April 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Love your Thrifty Little Tip! I often fall into that trap and spend more than I normally would...eek.

melinda April 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I used my coupon today, so thanks!!! I had my eye on a bath faucet for 56.00 so the coupon worked out great! My receipt has a new coupon for 10.00 off another 50.00 purchase that is good until the 4th.

Anonymous,  April 4, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Visit us contemporary to get more report and facts regarding [url=http://topbizuteria.dogory.pl]bi┼╝uteria hurt[/url]

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess April 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Nice work! Dedicated as I am to stacking coupons, I am lazy about it at Lowe's and Home Depot, which is bizarre given how much of our money we spend there!

This is a good reminder to quit slacking off and pay more attention to the home improvement coupons! :-)

xoxo,