My New Bedroom

>> 9.08.2011

Don't worry, I'm not going to follow up my wedding post with a "I'm no longer sharing the master bedroom with my husband" post... but I've come to find out that the extra bedroom is really turning into being more my bedroom than anything else. Apparently, it's where I throw in all of my decorating choices that receive the veto from Nate:

First off, you can see that my possibly all time favorite Craigslist find, the x-bench, has turned into the desk chair until it's reunited with its partner when we someday have a bigger house. My vision of it as the perfect place to put on shoes in the bedroom was not so great whenever Nate would run into it during  the middle of the night.

And apparently my guy has an aversion to strong smelling candles and pretty apothecary jars ($3 estate sale) with "no purpose." Pssh...

I still love my gold frames and I'm sure they'll be much more appreciated in my new room! You know that gold is making a comeback, right?

Oh, and I'm sure that all of the people in my bedroom will agree that organizing books by color is way more fun than by author and country!

All of my things are much happier living in my new room- especially the Euro shams that won't have to put up with being thrown on the floor each night.

So, really it's "my bedroom" that I just look at and let other people sleep in. Instead of "Mom Cave" (I'm not a mom), I thought of calling it my "Lady Cave," but somehow that sounded dirty... so "my bedroom" it is.

Do you have a special place in your home for all of your taste-specific decorating choices? Have you ever heard of organizing books by country?

m @ random musings September 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Is that a wall-mounted plug in reading lamp? source please!

hahaha - the whole house is "my room". the bf gets his own office, but thats only b/c I did the painting and trimwork before he moved in.

LizzieBeth September 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM

LOL @ "lady cave". that does sound kind of nasty.

The nursery has become my room of complete decor vision. I don't even ask JEGs.. I have just done. It's been kind of fun not having a veto!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards September 8, 2011 at 1:28 PM

This is so funny. I totally want you to call it the lady cave and see what time of search terms you get coming to the post. ;)

I think it looks lovely. I also put all Ryan's vetoed items into the guest bedroom. It's funny, I never really thought about it until I read this post.

Audreya September 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Lady cave - LOL!!

We have a similar situation. The master is "my" room. One of our spare bedrooms is "his". It's decorated with his hunting stuff because, well, I'm just not putting a deer carcass on the living room wall.

Jenna Scott September 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

I have "my own room" too. It's more like my office/guest room, but it's filled with all of my photography, favorite frames, favorite sheets, etc. I can't girl up the master bedroom, my hubby would kill me, so I just glam up my office :)

Comeca Jones September 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Its cute and I love your great use of space.

Charleen Larson October 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM

The guest room is my room and I love it! I mean, really my room. I sleep in there and it is so great. No guy stuff to constantly move out of the way or toss off the bed. You've inspired me to put more thought into decorating it with thrift shop finds.

howardproducts November 2, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Its really good and I really like it. You need an exterior wood stain or clear finish to not only make your project beautiful, but also to protect the wood from the damaging effects of sun and rain. Thanks..!!!
How to Remove Water Stains